Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!
I've got a 1.2 Juke DiG. It's only done 27,500 miles. This weekend the auto stop/start indicator light started flashing. I had it serviced and MOTd 3 weeks ago. Has anyone found any way to resolve this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I had a similar problem, I took it to Nissan for a diagnosis test and the fixed it for me for £50! It was to do with the battery!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I have an odd one on my partners Juke, suddenly after getting the car back from the service at Nissan the green Auto light is flashing constantly on the dash and I’ve no idea why. I called Nissan and they want £90 an hour to diagnose but I have noticed the stop start function has stopped working so I assume it has something to do with that.

I have read a number of things online and they mainly point at the battery being the issue so I did some checks and the voltage seems fine (if these are meant to be the same as normal cars) 12-13 when off and 14.57 and circa this when the car is running.

Do these batteries need more voltage than his and what should it be and also is there anything else that could cause this light to flash constantly ?

Thanks Carl
Ps this is a 2016 Juke
My wife's juke had the same problem. Once i bought a battery that is powerful enough to cope with start stop technology the problem disappeared. Hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
This one, it’s just started flashing randomly and the stop starts not working now. The batteries in the key fob are a different light I’ve had before and sorted but this one all I can find is advice to replace he battery but I’d like to confirm it’s that before buying one if I can
The Nissan battery's are thicker than those normally available, people have talked about putting foil on them to make them thicker, didn't work for me. Nissan Dealer told me even if that does work the battery life is short, then told me theirs last for 3 yrs mine was 4 yrs old so pay the extra money for them if i were you. I can almost guarantee that is the problem. eventually you will need to hold the fob up to the start button to start the car, and locking the door with the key does not central lock all doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife's juke had the same problem. Once i bought a battery that is powerful enough to cope with start stop technology the problem disappeared. Hope this helps

Haha.. I bought a new battery for my wifes juke and that never solved the problem of the stop start light nor the stop start itself..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haha..I bought a new battery for my wifes juke and that never solved the problem of the stop start light nor the stop start itself..
I have had this issue for months now, finally my battery died and replaced it with a brand new battery that is for stop and start function yet still not working and the green auto stop/start light still flashes.

honestly have no idea what could cause this, Have gone to garage and they haven’t got a clue what could cause it, said it must be to do with the battery but has now been replaced and still doing the same still!

anyone got any answers??

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Anyone give their owner's manual a deep read on this topic? Just curious because I recently drove a subaru forester with auto start/stop and the display in the gauge cluster shows it having a line through it on start up, but once the engine reaches operating temp, the graphic changes to the normal circle A for the auto start stop. Just wondering if the flashing is indicating that the feature is turned ON, but not yet ACTIVE due to engine warm up. Does the light stop flashing after a few minutes of driving and reaching operating temp?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having the exact same issue with mine. Came to the same conclusion as yourself - battery issue.

After it was flashing, I left the car parked up for a week or two and the battery was completely dead. I jump started the battery, and that solved the issue. No Auto flashing, and car starting fine. Until a week later....

The auto light began to flash again. Booked it into a mechanic who tested the alternator and battery, and they were both fine. But I decided to just go ahead with a battery change given what I had been advised elsewhere (that there was a number of issues like this and the battery had to be replaced).

Got the battery replaced, and yet the light still flashes.

Did you find a solution?
I have had a new battery fitted in my juke and the stop start green light is still flashing.. the only solution I can find is going to nissan for them to reset.. only nissan can do this apparently... they have got you by the balls..

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
in my experience it was the battery in my key
Hi guys, I have the light flashing 2 weeks ago too in my 64 Juke. I received today a codes reset from eBay and it works like perfect for £20. It did reset the light and now it are off. Good investment for when you will get a light in without need pay a fortune in the garage just to have your car read. See the link below if you interested buy one.
LAUNCH Car Fault Code Reader Engine Diagnostic Scanner Reset Tool OBD2 CAN EOBD 655421694170 | eBay
Ok so the light goes off but does the engine stop start work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, no the auto stop/start will work as it should. Only dont work if you press the auto stop/start when you start the car. When i had my light flashing, the auto stop/start didn't worked. After reset the flashing light the auto stop/start did work again when I stop a few times in the traffic light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so the light goes off but does the engine stop start work?
On my Juke after reset the light, the auto stop/start works as it should again. I did drive around the city and the auto stop/start did work a few times in the traffic lights in the normal drive mode with air con off and day light.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts