Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have an odd one on my partners Juke, suddenly after getting the car back from the service at Nissan the green Auto light is flashing constantly on the dash and I’ve no idea why. I called Nissan and they want £90 an hour to diagnose but I have noticed the stop start function has stopped working so I assume it has something to do with that.

I have read a number of things online and they mainly point at the battery being the issue so I did some checks and the voltage seems fine (if these are meant to be the same as normal cars) 12-13 when off and 14.57 and circa this when the car is running.

Do these batteries need more voltage than his and what should it be and also is there anything else that could cause this light to flash constantly ?

Thanks Carl
Ps this is a 2016 Juke

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the dealer pull the ground cable off the battery when your juke was serviced? Maybe remove it again and try to reset everything.

Hi thanks for the reply, I have no idea, what would this do and is it as simple as leave the live battery terminal connected, undo the earth one and pull it off then reconnect it after say 10 seconds or so?

Thanks

Carl

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, disconnect the ground cable from the battery. Step on the brake pedal a couple times to discharge any stored power to your ECM. Then reconnect the ground cable.
Hi thanks very much for that I will do this tomorrow or Saturday and report back.

So as long as I don't disconnect the live I wont lose anything settings wise or need to have the main dealer re-programme things?

Thanks again for the help

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
You might need to reset the time/clock on the radio but no, the dealer will not need to reprogram anything. And it doesn’t matter which cable you disconnect from the battery, but it’s easier/preferred to remove the ground cable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might need to reset the time/clock on the radio but no, the dealer will not need to reprogram anything. And it doesn’t matter which cable you disconnect from the battery, but it’s easier/preferred to remove the ground cable.
Thanks tried it but it's still happening, the auto light flashing and the stop start function not working :-(

Yes, disconnect the ground cable from the battery. Step on the brake pedal a couple times to discharge any stored power to your ECM. Then reconnect the ground cable.
Thanks for the idea mate unfortunately the issue remains, the auto stop start isn't working and the auto green light is still flashing :-(

Any other ideas anyone or can anyone confirm the readings their batteries give when the car's both on and off for reference to confirm my battery is not dieing and the cause of this? ?

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
What do you mean the “auto light”? The only light that blinks green that I can think of is the little key symbol and that usually means the keyfob has a low or dead battery and would also explain why the push to start button is not working. Take a photo or video of it and post it here. We’re just guessing based on the information you’ve tried to give to us. Saying “it’s not working” repeatedly doesn’t help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you mean the “auto light”? The only light that blinks green that I can think of is the little key symbol and that usually means the keyfob has a low or dead battery and would also explain why the push to start button is not working. Take a photo or video of it and post it here. We’re just guessing based on the information you’ve tried to give to us. Saying “it’s not working” repeatedly doesn’t help.
This one, it’s just started flashing randomly and the stop starts not working now. The batteries in the key fob are a different light I’ve had before and sorted but this one all I can find is advice to replace he battery but I’d like to confirm it’s that before buying one if I can

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope that image is enough (I can film it if needed) but it literally just flashes, everything else on the car is fine aside from the stop start function not working and this light flashing so assume they are linked issues. Has no one else here seen or had this issue yet, its a 2016 registration car on 28K miles so I would have expected the battery (if that's the issue) to last longer than that.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There is no reference to that light in any of the Juke manuals. A google search resulted in a single image, in a different forum, about a different light. But his vehicle DID have that indicator.

His was a UK diesel model. What exact model and location is your 2016 juke?

·
Super Moderator
3,842 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no reference to that light in any of the Juke manuals. A google search resulted in a single image, in a different forum, about a different light. But his vehicle DID have that indicator.

His was a UK diesel model. What exact model and location is your 2016 juke?
Hi yeah I’m in the UK and it’s a 1.2 turbo Tekna (Petrol car).

I also struggled to find much about it and nothing in the manuals, I’ll try my obd2 and failing turning it off and a reset I’ll get a battery and see.

If that fixes it I’ll report back to help anyone else facing the same in the future

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks and yeah I’m in the uk, I’ll see if Those are the links I found before, seems maybe ours came with a bad battery or something as it’s such an uncommon and unknown issue 😞

I’ll let you all know the outcome of fitting a new battery when we get one sorted

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m having the exact same issue with mine. Came to the same conclusion as yourself - battery issue.

After it was flashing, I left the car parked up for a week or two and the battery was completely dead. I jump started the battery, and that solved the issue. No Auto flashing, and car starting fine. Until a week later....

The auto light began to flash again. Booked it into a mechanic who tested the alternator and battery, and they were both fine. But I decided to just go ahead with a battery change given what I had been advised elsewhere (that there was a number of issues like this and the battery had to be replaced).

Got the battery replaced, and yet the light still flashes.

Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the exact same issue with mine. Came to the same conclusion as yourself - battery issue.

After it was flashing, I left the car parked up for a week or two and the battery was completely dead. I jump started the battery, and that solved the issue. No Auto flashing, and car starting fine. Until a week later....

The auto light began to flash again. Booked it into a mechanic who tested the alternator and battery, and they were both fine. But I decided to just go ahead with a battery change given what I had been advised elsewhere (that there was a number of issues like this and the battery had to be replaced).

Got the battery replaced, and yet the light still flashes.

Did you find a solution?
I'm having the same issue. Did you get to the bottom of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue! In the U.K., 1.2 Petrol 16 plate no stop/start and the auto green light flashing.

Hoping someone has the answer!!! 🤞

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
I am having the same issue! In the U.K., 1.2 Petrol 16 plate no stop/start and the auto green light flashing.

Hoping someone has the answer!!! 🤞
The UK Juke has issues with the OEM Battery going dead. Its a production problem/defect.

You can try putting a new battery if if you want to try to fix it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've just bought a Nissan juke 63 plate, having the same issues! Have replaced the battery but the auto light continues to flash and no stop/start system working, has anyone got to the bottom of this yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts