Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a dead battery, jumpstarted, now won’t go over 20 mph. Need help fast trading in. Can’t trade in with a car that won’t go over 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Year of your juke ?

Disconnect your negative battery cable and turn on your head lights and press your brake pedal. Reconnect after 5 mins. See if that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Year of your juke ?

Disconnect your negative battery cable and turn on your head lights and press your brake pedal. Reconnect after 5 mins. See if that helps.
2012 Sv. New issue. After jumpstarting. Car will start. Climate control won’t light up or work. Power steering light is on and it doesn’t work and traction control light is on too.
Please help ASAP, I’m supposed to trade it in Saturday.
Everything was working perfectly before jumping.
TIA

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Did you reset the system as described ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
sounds like over-charging. Check the Horn fuse in the engine bay, in front of the battery, in front of the ECU. that is the shared circuit with the alternator. If you jumped it in any sort of strange way it could have blow this fuse and cause the alternator to max out, which will cause all sorts of things to not work right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I misread above. Trying now. Will post results.
Thanks again

Ok. Took off negative, turned on headlights, pushed brake pedal.
Still no PS, no climate control, traction control light on and won’t shift out of park.

Starts like a charm.

·
Registered
587 Posts
sounds like over-charging. Check the Horn fuse in the engine bay, in front of the battery, in front of the ECU. that is the shared circuit with the alternator. If you jumped it in any sort of strange way it could have blow this fuse and cause the alternator to max out, which will cause all sorts of things to not work right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Horn works just fine. This is the voltage running.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
So the battery was on a trickle charger out of the Juke but was Dead ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the battery was on a trickle charger out of the Juke but was Dead ?
First time. Tuesday it was dead. Jumped it from my wife’s Rogue. Wednesday went to drive to work. It started and I started to go to work, wouldn’t go over 20. Turned around and left it at home. Got home after work, tried to start it it wouldn’t start.
Removed battery and trickle charged until this morning and reinstalled it and it fired right up, but with all the above issues.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Ahhh Gotcha.

I am sorry we cannot be of more help and the situation sucks.

Try wiggling and or unplugging the alternator wiring harness. Make sure the battery negative is off.

Make sure there are no fuses blown and everything work. WIpers headlights brake lights etc.

Since you removed the battery. Make sure you did not disturb/break any wires. The MAF is near the back of the battery under the air intake. Make sure the cable clamps are clean and tight.

A rodent could have chewed wires.

It is hard to diagnose online. See if you can get a mechanic to look at it on Friday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahhh Gotcha.

I am sorry we cannot be more help and the situation sucks.

Try wiggling and or unplugging the alternator wiring harness.

Make sure there are no fuses blown and everything work. WIpers headlights brake lights etc.

Since you removed the battery. Make sure you did not disturb/break any wires. The MAF is near the back of the battery under the air intake.

A rodent could have chewed wires.

It is hard to diagnose online. See if you can get a mechanic to look at it on Friday.
Going to the mechanic tomorrow morning. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts