Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front wipers started being finicky about a month ago. Started out just stopping in the middle of window and then starting again willy nilly. Then if I turned them on no matter the speed they would come on full throttle and then stop. I could only control them coming on or off by pulling up on the lever; as long as I held the lever up they were on and as soon as I let go they'd stop. That trick quit working reliably about a week ago so I finally made an appointment at the dealership. They are telling my I need a new IPDM assembly and want $700 to fix it. Also, now the wipers are absolutely useless since going in. They'd at least come on prior to my appointment today.. I can hear under my hood a click when I turn them on and they sound like the want to cycle but nothing happens. I also did this audio test to check if the IPDM is bad that I read about on here and it seems to pass that test. Also, I did some reading on other people having a bad IPDM and it seems like their problem is the vehicle not starting at all. Nothing else is wrong and my back wiper works fine (unsure if that is related or not). So is there anything else I can check? I don't know how to access the wiper motor so any help in that area would also be appreciated. Or am I stuck allowing the dealership to rip me off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I bought mine they were broken also - the wipers gone up....weirdly, and the I had to engage them several times to get them down back...I had them checked and it was a leak - a micro leak and the assembly was damaged - but they fixed it with replacing the bearing and seal and nothing else was done - they are performing superbly now and the whole thing cost like 50EUR or less! Get then check somewhere else!

·
Administrator
11,911 Posts
Well clicks are good but check the fuses obviously. Engine bay and fuse box. You can source a Junkyard/Ebay Turn signal wiper column switch/stalk. They are cheap and it may fix the problem. However.......

With what Darkmaster has said makes sense. Your wipers didnt just fail. They progressively got worse. So it may be the assembly that has failed because of water and corrosion. Therefore the click you hear. They cant move because they are frozen in place. It all makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My front wipers started being finicky about a month ago. Started out just stopping in the middle of window and then starting again willy nilly. Then if I turned them on no matter the speed they would come on full throttle and then stop. I could only control them coming on or off by pulling up on the lever; as long as I held the lever up they were on and as soon as I let go they'd stop. That trick quit working reliably about a week ago so I finally made an appointment at the dealership. They are telling my I need a new IPDM assembly and want $700 to fix it. Also, now the wipers are absolutely useless since going in. They'd at least come on prior to my appointment today.. I can hear under my hood a click when I turn them on and they sound like the want to cycle but nothing happens. I also did this audio test to check if the IPDM is bad that I read about on here and it seems to pass that test. Also, I did some reading on other people having a bad IPDM and it seems like their problem is the vehicle not starting at all. Nothing else is wrong and my back wiper works fine (unsure if that is related or not). So is there anything else I can check? I don't know how to access the wiper motor so any help in that area would also be appreciated. Or am I stuck allowing the dealership to rip me off?
Hi. I had same problem. Solution is in the wipers motor area.
Under black cap atashed to the motor is a goldish wheel with 4 contacts on. Every time when is rolling tuches a contact. By time passing they are not any more make good contact and this is responsible for wipers land back in normal position
Just open, clean, a bit of good quality vaseline, then, just open (with a screwdriver, pliers…) a nit more the 4 contacts.
Best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts