Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High folks the ignorant needs help here..

What's good for getting insect smear/debris off the windshield? Apologies if it's already been discussed. My search effort couldn't pull anything up.

Secondly my dealer wants to do a next time 'laser' service on my RS awd. What's this about? The inference was preventive. I've never heard of this before. Instead they grinded the rust off the rotors, cleaned & lubed calipers.

Thx in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,065 Posts
Maybe here....

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Clean it with 70-90% alcohol. If you can find it. Use QUAD ZERO Steel wool. 0000 Steel Wool. Test a small area in the lower corner. It wont scratch but who knows now a days what trash Car makers are throwing at their cars.

Glass Cleaner like Invisible Glass Brand.

Then Clay Bar it with a detailing spray or better yet. Distilled water.

Re Clean with Invisible glass or just plain glass cleaner.

Use Youtube at this point to find how what to apply to "Polish" the window and keep it cleaner longer.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Laser service is, I am guessing, a dumb fluffy name they have assigned to alignment, which can be checked using lasers. If your car is driving straight and you aren't noticing any driveline or steering issues you don't need an alignment. Jukes in general don't really have alignment issues, and that is doubly true for the RS. Services like this are often put on the table to generate easy revenue - they are well aware your car doesn't need an alignment.

Rust on rotors is normal and inevitable and you shouldn't resurface them just for that, pop your wheel off and and paint the parts of the rotor where the caliper doesn't touch - that is a much nicer and longer lasting option. Unfortunately they probably took your perfectly uniform rotors and just messed them up with their crappy machine that hasn't been cleaned or calibrated in 20 months too. Modern rotors shouldn't ever need to be resurfaced within their usable lifespan, they should simply be swapped for new ones when you get new pads.

As for bugs I would recommend picking them off and eating them for extra protein.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
My Juke was pulling to the right when I bought her new, They threw her on the rack and she was out of alignment.......

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
My Juke was pulling to the right when I bought her new, They threw her on the rack and she was out of alignment.......
Damn right out of the factory huh? That's just not right. I would imagine this is maybe less of an issue on AWD models because they have a different suspension setup and also quite a bit more adjustability. Still though, a brand new car with alignment issues is totally unacceptable.

I will say for me personally, after many midwestern winters leave our midwestern roads rather moonlike, mine still drives straight as an arrow. I just assumed that the Juke in general with it's overall geometry, and the RS in particular with it's chassis bracing and beefy boxed control arms, would be much less likely to fall out of alignment over time. Maybe not though idk.

I will stick by my notion though that if that car drives straight on a level road that there is no need to waste money checking alignment. Can also tell there may be an alignment issue if your tires are wearing in an overly uneven manner. Be sure to find an actually level road though, most have a slight angle one way or another to prevent water from pooling so your car will slowly get tugged in that direction if not holding the wheel.

You will also need to check alignment every time you install a new suspension component. And if you do get an alignment find a good shop, most are garbage. Every car has it's own unique alignment adjustment quirks and it takes a skilled tech to set you straight, so to speak. A lot of cheap shitty places will leave your car out of spec or claim there is some sort of body or frame issue and kick you out the door after taking your money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts