Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One annoyance about the interior was the lack of a right armrest. Maybe I'm used to my Mustang with a center console to rest on or my wife's Armada that has an actual armrest. But during my test drive I kept wanting to lean on something. Maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D'oh!! Sorry - since it hasn't been available that long I didn't think there would be that many threads about it. Apparently I'm not the only one then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah... No.. Definitely not the only one..! Join all of us with our fingers crossed that they bring out a Nissan installed armrest option..!!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I've done some further thinking on this and why it doesn't bother me. I guess I rarely use it because:

--80% of my driving is within town, not on the highway
--I'm right handed, and live in the States where the wheel is on the left side
--My right hand is either gripping the wheel at the top (12 o'clock); or gripping in a more relaxed hold on the center spoke of the steering wheel (3:00)
--Therefore, I'm not resting my right hand or arm off the wheel
--if anything, I'm resting my left elbow on the door, while my right hand does most of the steering work

Maybe if I had a long highway commute I'd miss it, since the only time I use my center armrest is on a long trip. Otherwise, it's always in the up position

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was always taught "both hands on the wheel, unless you're shifting." I never use an armrest, except for storage.
I drive a manual transmission so I've been conditioned to rest my right arm on the armrest so I can quickly make gear changes. I generally just rest my left hand on the wheel for lane changes and such. I'm sure I'll get used to switching it up and leaning on the door instead.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
hmm, yeah I drive an automatic right now. I guess all that stuff does make a difference--right/left handed; standard or automatic; left or right wheel; and type of driving done.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As has been mentioned, the armrest is available in other countries. Here are pics from UK Nissan & Japan Nissan accessory pages:

UK [There's a better picture by member ZacMan 527 in Juke Appearance & Body discussion topic 'No Driver Armrest!? REALLY!?!']

View attachment Nissan Juke Armrest_UK.bmp

Japan

View attachment Nissan Juke Armrest_Japan.bmp

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the kids drive with their knees so they can text while driving. LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hadn't seen a post where anyone directly contacted Nissan asking. So I did that earlier today, and within an hour had already received the following response. It may be good if everyone here writes to them letting them know your interest. It may move things along faster.

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us with your questions about armrests in the Juke. At this time, we have no knowledge as to the future availability of that accessory the United States..
We do suggest you do stay in contact with your local dealership of the dealer of original purchase for current information regarding this topic.

In the meantime, we will share your interest with our Product Planning Department.
At Nissan, we are committed to a high level of customer service.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drive with an arm in a sling to hold it up until the arm rest is available... :D
Drove like that for a few month two years ago when broke wrist.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts