Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and a new Juke owner. A 2015 Juke Nismo to be precise. I absolutely love it! However, there's a noise coming from the driver side wheel it sounds like a wheez or something and I checked all around the tires, rotors, etc and there's nothing stuck or caught, but this sound drives me absolutely crazy. I've linked a video, but it's difficult to hear on a phone, but can really hear it on my laptop around 10 seconds. Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

More info: It synchronizes with the speed I'm going, so if I'm going fast, so does the sounds, but if I'm going slow the sound lasts longer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
first of all welcome to the forum! secondly from just a rough video and shop speakers it sounds like it might of had front pads done without turning rotors (basically smoothing them and refinishing them). Hard to diagnose without being present.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first of all welcome to the forum! secondly from just a rough video and shop speakers it sounds like it might of had front pads done without turning rotors (basically smoothing them and refinishing them). Hard to diagnose without being present.
that would actually be great, as they’re replace both the pads and rotors next week. And thank you, look forward to learning from y’all! I went from a lifted tundra to my small juke, so big difference but man I really liked only paying $20 to fill my tank instead of $40-50!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It’s Hammy the hamster running on his wheel!

·
Super Moderator
9,957 Posts
that would actually be great, as they’re replace both the pads and rotors next week. And thank you, look forward to learning from y’all! I went from a lifted tundra to my small juke, so big difference but man I really liked only paying $20 to fill my tank instead of $40-50!
Dont go to the Juke MPG thread then. Haha

·
Super Moderator
9,957 Posts
He means front wheel bearing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's non of the above.
It's the stupid dust shield on the inside of the brake rotor and another possibility would be the wear indicators being pushed in to far.
Mine did the exact same thing and I just bent the crap out of it and the sound went away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's non of the above.
It's the stupid dust shield on the inside of the brake rotor and another possibility would be the wear indicators being pushed in to far.
Mine did the exact same thing and I just bent the crap out of it and the sound went away.
Thank you so much! I asked if they could hear a noise after they replaced the brakes and rotors and they said no, so hopefully that was the issue!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's non of the above.
Ok guys now I’m booty hurt. Just got it back after the brakes were replaced (supposedly) and it’s still making the noise. Can you post a pic or video of what you bent to get the noise to go away?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts