Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming up in a couple of months and I've just saw that most tire prices are going up in the next month so I'm hoping to purchase my winter tires pretty early before the rush. I was wondering what you guys run for winter tires or do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
i used a few different kinds of winter tires and out of all of them i had the best deep snow and ice traction on bridgestone blizzaks. theyre not that expensive and are worth it for that peace of mind you will get.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like Dunlop SP Winter Sports myself. Get a winter tire designed for a sportier car. You'll have better cornering stiffness in dry conditions with the ability to handle snow. A normal winter tire will sap most of the fun out of the Juke while a winter tire designed for sporty cars will just sap some of the fun.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I liked the Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3d as well when I had my Mazda3, but they don't show as available for the Juke on Tire Rack. They were still somewhat sporty feeling for a winter tire, but probably better for plowed streets or maybe 4 or 5 inches of fresh light snow. If you regularly have deep or heavy snow in your area than a winter tire designed for deep snow is better.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Firestone Winterforce - have them on the rear wheel drive Charger RT. This car is practically like driving a sled without them. These tires were great and the same tires that my local police department was using on their Chargers for winter. They are a bit noisy on dry pavement, due to the tread design.

Blizzaks are also great, but were out of my budget at the time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought some General Altimax Arctic for my Juke. haven't got my Juke yet so i can't speak for how good they are, but the reviews on Tire Rack are great - especially for the price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Firestone Winterforce - have them on the rear wheel drive Charger RT. This car is practically like driving a sled without them.
I will vouch for the Winterforce tires as well - have them on the rear of my Mustang and am getting around pretty well in northern Indiana lake effect snow. Wish I would have had those put on years ago...

·
Registered
67 Posts
We put 4 General Altimax Artic's on black steel rims for the winter (here in NH).
Very similar tread design to the Hakka RSI and Hankook Winter i-Pike winter tires.
Hakka RSI's aren't available any longer sadly, and the I-Pike's were all gone, so we opted for the General's.
Rims: 17 x7 $62 each (Canada purchase)
Tires 215/55/17mounted and balanced $120 (USA purchase)

The General's are very quiet on dry/wet roads, like the I-Pike's and RSI's, handle very well on dry pavement, wet good too, no snow to date, however with having had both the RSI's and I-Pikes in the last 5 years, I'm expecting very good performance in snow with the General snows.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We put 4 General Altimax Artic's on black steel rims for the winter (here in NH).
Very similar tread design to the Hakka RSI and Hankook Winter i-Pike winter tires.
Hakka RSI's aren't available any longer sadly, and the I-Pike's were all gone, so we opted for the General's.
Rims: 17 x7 $62 each (Canada purchase)
Tires 215/55/17mounted and balanced $120 (USA purchase)

The General's are very quiet on dry/wet roads, like the I-Pike's and RSI's, handle very well on dry pavement, wet good too, no snow to date, however with having had both the RSI's and I-Pikes in the last 5 years, I'm expecting very good performance in snow with the General snows.
I'm running the same tires on the stock wheels. Like 'em so far....now only if it would freakin' snow here on Long Island!!!!
:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
6-12 of snow expected in the next 24 hours, we'll report back on how the General's do in the snow. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm putting mine on today - the RSA's are not really up to par in the colder weather not to mention snow and ice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blizzard on the way later today tonight with 12 - 18+ snow predicted. We'll hunker down for most of it, but will head out later just for fun.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a full blown blizzard here on Long Island. I just got back from driving around like an idiot...tthe General Altimax Artics are WORTH EVERY CENT!!! If you are considering winter tires...Generals FTMFW.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree! i just put mine on and did a little bit of driving on dry pavement and packed snow and ice and there is a huge difference over the RSA's. |I also like these better than the Blizzaks i had on my Murano. The tread pattern looks great - very aggressive. i'm going to add a pick on my Juke to my garage with my winter set up on.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I agree! i just put mine on and did a little bit of driving on dry pavement and packed snow and ice and there is a huge difference over the RSA's. |I also like these better than the Blizzaks i had on my Murano. The tread pattern looks great - very aggressive. i'm going to add a pick on my Juke to my garage with my winter set up on.
Did you do the TireRack package?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts