Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

??? What type of After Market Mod's do you want to see???

8K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Bob-omb 
#1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says! What would you like to see come out for this zippy little buggy?

I will start off with my list...
1.) Upgraded suspension. It could be height adjustable. I would like to keep the ride height the same as stock. Nice ground clearance with the suspension travel of a Rally vehicle.
2.) The usual ECU Reflash for some added horse power when in sport mode. So that means changing the OEM maps like Fuel, Spark timing as well as valve timing and boost.
3.) Intake, exhaust and intercooler. For obvious reasons of breathability, This would help in fuel economy by allowing the engine to breath better, waste better, and a cooler air charge means more power per revolution.
4.) Probably the most popular for this vehicle will be the "Looks category". Aero kits, Spoilers, Rims, Blah Blah Blah.

Custom applications for this vehicle that I plan on doing myself are as follows.
1.) Retro some Bi-Xenon's in the Headlights and 3000K Hid kit into the Fog light housing, and changing the wiring around so that I can have my High beams on along with my Fog lights. This aids in long distance travel where there is a divided highway. I do alot of traveling ob the HWY's at night.
2.) Upgrade the Stereo with some JL Audio speakers that will fit into the Factory locations along with a JL 8W7 Subwoofer with a custom low profile mount that still allows for cargo room.
3.) :p Can't think of much more without seeing the Vehicle.

In closing I really think it would be nice to have A/M companies like HKS, Stillen, Brian Crower, etc. to come along and jump on the Sport Cross band wagon and help pioneer this segment to the top!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
First for me the looks
Direct mods:
18" rims with a lower offset
Black wheel lugs
LED light running as drl's
4300 k bi-xenon headlights
LED licenceplate lights
Replace the orange repeaters in the front. By none orange
Maybe some audio upgrades

Performance i really want a blowoff valve and a fmic. But thinking about factory waranty I'll prob wat with those. Course after a whole the ecu remapping.

#5 ·
First for me the looks
Direct mods:
18" rims with a lower offset
Black wheel lugs
LED light running as drl's
4300 k bi-xenon headlights
LED licenceplate lights
Replace the orange repeaters in the front. By none orange
Maybe some audio upgrades

Performance i really want a blowoff valve and a fmic. But thinking about factory waranty I'll prob wat with those. Course after a whole the ecu remapping.
The only problem with a BOV is that it releases the air charge to the atmosphere. Being such a small turbocharger you will notice more of a Turbo Lag in between shifts. That being said if you have an CVT you will not notice it as much as it doesnt really shift. It will also depend on how much boost it runs stock. If I up my boost by 25% over stock I would like to have a BOV just for the relief of the extra pressure should I suddenly take my foot off the gas pedel.

#21 ·
Being that this is the first run of this vehicle, I will probably wait a bit to see what the issues are going to be with this car. After a modest break in period and the first list of problems and TSBs that are bound to come, then I will probably do some of the upgrades that have already been mentioned. Maybe a turbo upgrade, BOV, wheel change and perhaps lower the stance just a bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing what type of Mods Miss "Violet West" is talking about too. Maybe it would give me some ideas...

#26 ·
My "eyeball-engineering" is telling me that, since the Juke shares the same platform as the Versa, the same engine family as the Versa, and the engine bay looks strikingly similar, it looks like cold air intakes, strut tower bars, and coilover suspension kits already available for the Versa will probably fit the Juke. My only concern is that the Juke may have longer shocks than the Versa, given it's taller ride height. Other than that, I'm 99% positive the CAI will fit, and 80% positive the suspension bits will fit. But I've done no real measuring or comparing; just "eyeballing" it.

#28 ·
It's not the same engine (MR16DDT vs. MR18DE), but it's the same family (MR##xx), same airbox and intake routing in the engine bay.

Sway bars ≠ strut bars. It could be wider by way of body panels and suspension alone, but yeah, I'm not certain about the strut bars or any suspension parts being interchangeable.

Hopefully that Nissan master tech that recently joined can hook us up with a factory service manual. With that, we can start cross-referencing interchangeable parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.