Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,

looking to upgrade the intercooler , but since I’m in the Netherlands I only can find the Forge , and it ain’t cheap and it ain’t a front mount, I can not find a full kit here .

asked a shop if they can make one custom for me , but I think they’re gonna make it out of gold because they wanne charge me like 1800usd, an that’s a bit to much for me , especially if I see that the fast religion kit is like 425.

so is there some one who can tell me what part’s I need and that will fit so I can start to try to put i together by my self with a buddy ( mechanic) , don’t wanne start ordering random parts ,and end up with a non fit intercooler, or does any EU member knows where you can buy a complete set here?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not sure if FR still has the video on YouTube about how to MAKE the FMIC kit, but give it a search. He did have it before. It's how I got all my pipes good to go but never have time to install it :(

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
You can get a standard Mishimoto intecooler. Then use random pipes to hook it up.

Find a place like www.siliconeintakes.com to get all the parts or even source your IC from a similar site too.

@FastReligion might ship to you as well ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could be cheap like me and use a Cx racing intercooler and cut up some 2.5” piping and couplers.
vid slumber bunny mentioned, but add a 35 degree pipe a 2.5 inlet 3” coupler and an extra hump flex coupler for the hot side.

You will have to cut the 35. Take it to a machine shop and they’ll charge 5-10 bucks to cut and bead roll it if you aren’t comfortable doing it yourself. Try and get simple clamps. There isn’t much space between the bashbar and radiator.
https://www.cxracing.com/intercooler/intercooler-2_5-inch-inlet/IC0035-TF?sort=rating&order=ASC I think that’s the intercooler I’m using, it’s been so long I can’t remember exactly.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Hey guys ,

looking to upgrade the intercooler , but since I’m in the Netherlands I only can find the Forge , and it ain’t cheap and it ain’t a front mount, I can not find a full kit here .

asked a shop if they can make one custom for me , but I think they’re gonna make it out of gold because they wanne charge me like 1800usd, an that’s a bit to much for me , especially if I see that the fast religion kit is like 425.

so is there some one who can tell me what part’s I need and that will fit so I can start to try to put i together by my self with a buddy ( mechanic) , don’t wanne start ordering random parts ,and end up with a non fit intercooler, or does any EU member knows where you can buy a complete set here?

thanks in advance!
There ya go. Lots of options.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

@ fastreligion , video was super helpful, I’m gonna watch it a couple times, make a good write up and convert all to the metric system , I already found most of the parts at a local webshop .

only thing what’s got me a little trouble is I need to find a way to make a nice bead to the pipes I’m gonna cut.

i’m gonna make a shopping list and will let you guys check it so I don’t miss out on anything.

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Please be aware you gotta get a tune to reap any real benefit from a new intercooler. Just throwing that out there, because it can become a pricey mod!

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Thanks guys

@ fastreligion , video was super helpful, I’m gonna watch it a couple times, make a good write up and convert all to the metric system , I already found most of the parts at a local webshop .

only thing what’s got me a little trouble is I need to find a way to make a nice bead to the pipes I’m gonna cut.

i’m gonna make a shopping list and will let you guys check it so I don’t miss out on anything.

thanks again!
Per @FastReligion . Electrician pliers can make a bead on an IC pipe. Something like this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car is already tuned , boost is up , and I think there will be minimal gains , but it’s more to prevent heat soak on warmer days, and in the end I want to put the car on a dyno so tweak it to my setup .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Car is already tuned , boost is up , and I think there will be minimal gains , but it’s more to prevent heat soak on warmer days, and in the end I want to put the car on a dyno so tweak it to my setup .
your intake air temps will be significantly lower under load with a FMIC, which will change how your tune performs. Whenever you change a bolt on part that effects the engine you should ALWAYS get a retune or have the tune double checked to be sure it is not causing any issues.

as for bead rolling, here is a video you can use for reference. IDK what happened to the video I made on how to do it with less cutting and grinding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDUM2ZxoW0

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Decided to not start on my own , but a local shop made a fair offer to do it for me , in 2.5 weeks time they’re gonna build me a front mount intercooler , it’s gonna be done by Chargertech , shop’s core business is building superchargers an turbo’s on cars.

i will keep you updated!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dropped the car of today at chargertech, they’re going to build a custom fmic , not many shops here in the Netherlands have experience with the Juke .

end of may i wanne go to the shop who made my tune , and wanne put it on the dyno, hope we can get 250+HP out of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Intercooler installed !

Not so much difference in driving , power comes more in one line now , and making a little bit different turbo noises , will go up for stage 2 tuning in a month or 2.

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
Oh she looks good.

Yeah the ECU nerfs most mods so a tune is needed to get more out of the Juke.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks , I’m really liking the look of the IC shining out of the wine rack , only thing I’m having doubts about is that stones and other small debris easily can hit it and cause leaks.
Anybody has some pros and cons for the lower mesh grill ?

again , this is not my favourite option because I’m really like the look of it now , but I don’t want change the ic real soon because of something hitting it .

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
You can get the Wine rack covers and try them out. Maybe paint them to give them some contrast.

It will take a big piece of debris to break the IC. Run it the way it is. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another question for the tech’s , when I see all of you ic setups , you all have the Hotside on the passenger side and the cold side is coming out of the driverside and then goes back , the shop that made my ic , first send the hotside to the driverside and then the coldside straight up to the charge pipe my question was , does it make a difference? Of is it just how someone prefers?

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
On the North American Juke. The passenger side is the Hot side and it should come out the driver side going to the throttle body.

Not sure if that should work for you. Post a pic of your engine bay now after the install and your driver side of your Juke.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts