Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mustangs, Chrysler's, Kia's, & Hyundai's...bleeghhghh...I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Tell me ya'll aren't making your decisions based on whether or not they have armrests.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am considering the following vehicles with price quotes from dealers that include everything except tax:

Nissan JUKE SL AWD ($24400)
2011 Subaru WRX Sedan ($24800)
Mazdaspeed 3 ($24500)
Volkeswagen 4 door GTI ($26200)

I am leaning towards the Juke 90% now. No other car on that list comes fully loaded with leather and stuff at that price. Other factor is that it is the only car on that list that comes in automatic. I do a lot of commuting between cities and traffic jams - DC Baltimore Philly NYC....

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'd go for the regular Mazda3 in lieu of the Mazdaspeed for comfort and drivability. it comes in automatic, although the fuel economy isn't that great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looked at the regular Mazda 3's and it's definitely a no-go for me. It is way too similar to my old car (2005 scion tc) which I hated. The automatic version of those cars were just so weak and unresponsive, they totally sucked the fun out of driving.

I test drove the Juke's CVT and it felt 10x better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Update: went to my local Kia dealership to check out the Sportage EX. The salesman came out and brought one around. Started talking about how new they were and they only had a couple. I told him I was planning on buying at the end of the year. He left it running and told me to take it for a spin in the parking lot. I loaded the family in and drove it around. Then I parked it - and waited, and waited. We wandered to another EX on the lot. He came out with a brochure. I asked if we could take it out for a proper test drive so I could get an idea of acceleration and such. He shrugged and said "well you aren't buying until the end of the year and Sunday is one of our busiest days so call me when you're ready. A weekday would be best" and walked away. Meanwhile there wasn't a single customer on the lot.

I'm seriously thinking about contacting the dealership manager and Kia about that awful experience. I've pretty much crossed the Sportage off my list just because of how I was treated. Maybe I'm overreacting?

Oh - and the "wife report" - the Juke seemed roomier both in the back and the passenger seat. She wasn't impressed by the dual sunroof and thought the interior looked more plasticky and cheap. She also preferred the look of the Juke exterior much more than the Sportage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Update: went to my local Kia dealership to check out the Sportage EX. The salesman came out and brought one around. Started talking about how new they were and they only had a couple. I told him I was planning on buying at the end of the year. He left it running and told me to take it for a spin in the parking lot. I loaded the family in and drove it around. Then I parked it - and waited, and waited. We wandered to another EX on the lot. He came out with a brochure. I asked if we could take it out for a proper test drive so I could get an idea of acceleration and such. He shrugged and said "well you aren't buying until the end of the year and Sunday is one of our busiest days so call me when you're ready. A weekday would be best" and walked away. Meanwhile there wasn't a single customer on the lot.

I'm seriously thinking about contacting the dealership manager and Kia about that awful experience. I've pretty much crossed the Sportage off my list just because of how I was treated. Maybe I'm overreacting?
Always lie to the dealer IMO. Some people might lose sleep over it, but hey... you would've gotten that test drive if you did.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Always lie to the dealer IMO. Some people might lose sleep over it, but hey... you would've gotten that test drive if you did.
I shouldn't have to lie. I'm researching a $25-30K purchase - I'm not trying on a new shirt. Also - I've test driven a few other vehicles and told them the same thing. This is the first time I've been treated like that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The generally crappiness of hyundai/kia dealerships is a big reason I won't buy their cars. I can just imagine how their service department treats you.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Oh, I failed a lot of that. Dressed in my Cleveland Browns ball cap, sweats, jersey and orange tennis shoes to match. I was very demanding and basically just told the guy that he can go help someone else while I take the test drive. I've been driving for a few days now and don't need a navigator. I tossed him my car keys and said see ya in about 15. Doesn't sound like I handled that right according to that article.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm looking to replace a Celica, so I'm more drawn to the sporty side than the crossover side. Not really looking for what the marketers call its competition so much as what you personally are considering.

My requirements:
Sporty, yet fuel efficient cars with manual transmissions <$25k.
Fits my 6'7 self - don't care about rear seats, but am used to a hatch's cargo space.
Emphasis on handling, light and tossable. Fun to drive.
Quiet at highway cruising speeds, but plenty of feedback otherwise.

Here's what I'm considering:
Juke(FWD, SL, 6 speed)
Altima Coupe(2.5, base as base can be)
Hyundai Genesis 1.8T
Mini Cooper S
Kia Forte Koup SX
Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
Mazda 3
Honda Civic SI Coupe
Honda CR-Z(worth looking at but highly skeptical of it)
And maybe hold out for the Toyota FT-86 to be released sometime in 2011/2012/who knows when

The Kia and Mitsu get bonus points due to their excellent warranty. Drive 110 miles/day for work, all highway, so I'd chew through a standard warranty rather quickly. Of course better off just not needing to use one at all.

Also interested in the sort of ranges people get as far as fuel consumption. My Celica is only rated 31mpg highway, but on my all highway commute I'm consistently in the 38-40 range. Hoping that's a driving style/environment quirk that carries over to another car rather than my particular celica being extra thrifty)
I don't think you'll fit in a juke @ 6'7. I'm ~6'1, and my head touches the roof basically.

·
Registered
508 Posts
U won't fit in most of those choices!!
Mini Cooper @ 6'7
With your arms out the windows and head out the sunroof you will look like a transformers replica at comicon! The Altima might be ok. I'm not quite as tall as you but I'm wide and I fit in them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This was my wife's purchase. Were looking for a small/midsize crossover and had tried the Equinox, Tucson, Sportage, and Rogue.

We walked past the Juke and she went "what is that?". After a test drive we were sold. I'm not sure that the Juke satisfies any of our oeiginal shopping critera ....... but it sure is a hoot to drive!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm able to fit in a Juke at 6'7. And the Mini actually fits me better than any car I've sat in at a car show.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm able to fit in a Juke at 6'7. And the Mini actually fits me better than any car I've sat in at a car show.
No other image besides a four clowns in a tiny little car came to mind :D.

I'm 5'5" and I might fit in those cars too but the person behind me would beg to differ. I usually sit very far back from the steering wheel.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts