Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2012 Nissan Juke AWD SL with 54,000
I'm wanting to put money into this car, but i'm also taking into account its 4 years old and the idea of me having it for 4-6 more years maybe somewhat unlikely.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I haven't seen anything to suggest we shouldn't be getting 200k miles out of these cars like you would any other Nissan. The stats I've seen show way better than average reliability (on par with a Honda Fit). Though who knows, there may be something big that craps out at higher mileage.

AWD will obviously have more maintenance than FWD.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I haven't seen anything to suggest we shouldn't be getting 200k miles out of these cars like you would any other Nissan. The stats I've seen show way better than average reliability (on par with a Honda Fit). Though who knows, there may be something big that craps out at higher mileage.

AWD will obviously have more maintenance than FWD.
I could of bought a Fit but chose the Juke hope I don't regret that decision, so far so good.

·
Registered
767 Posts
if you keep it stock it'll last you easy what you want it to be. Now if your like me and run it at 24 PSI on stock internals...8 months lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
I could of bought a Fit but chose the Juke hope I don't regret that decision, so far so good.
I had a Fit before the Kia Soul, and then the Juke. I even autocrossed the Fit. You're doing fine... ;-)

My knees were problematic, so when I gave up racing the WRX, I got the Fit. The most annoying part of the car was the 5-speed automatic. Well, the lack of torque attached to the transmission in reality. We have a lot of altitude variation, and climbing even subtle hills would make it jump around between 3rd to 5th. I wound up using it in manual/sport mode. The cool thing is it would let you bounce the limiter on a straight just before braking, and flash the gear if you're trying to drop too many gears for it to rev-match. But yeah, 1.5 L iVTEC just wasn't enough for the climbing. In a manual transmission, I wonder if it would have been "better."

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Life expectancy depends on the maintenance and proper care of the vehicle. Failure to do either or both and will cause it to be a money pit in short order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm buying a 2012 Nissan Juke AWD SL with 54,000
I'm wanting to put money into this car, but i'm also taking into account its 4 years old and the idea of me having it for 4-6 more years maybe somewhat unlikely.
What do you guys think?
I have a Nissan Juke I bought brand new in 2011. It has 136000 miles on it and I have had no issues thus far.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Like any Nissan it'll last a long time. Change your CVT fluid yearly. Oil every 5-7k. Change transfer case and differential fluid every 50k. Spark plugs at 100k. Keep it waxed. Change pads and rotors as needed and do brake fluid while at it. If you live in the rust belt spray the underside and suspension components with black rustloleum underbody automotive paint.

Mods like intake, exhaust, and a new Diverter Valve shouldn't impact reliability.

Any modern, non European car should give you 120k to 150k trouble free miles. Mild issues might start popping up after that but 200k is the point I'd say you should plan on something more major failing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2011 AWD SL checking in, original owner and I bought the car brand new off the lot the month it came out. ~90k miles and no major issues to report. I do oil changes at recommended intervals & actually did a CVT flush & Brake replacement at ~75k.

One thing of note, I live in New England and had to do some exhaust pipes replacement due to them rusting out, but that’s no surprised based on salt usage on roads here in the wintertime.

i love my Juke and plan to enjoy it for years to come!

·
Super Moderator
11,574 Posts
2011 AWD SL checking in, original owner and I bought the car brand new off the lot the month it came out. ~90k miles and no major issues to report. I do oil changes at recommended intervals & actually did a CVT flush & Brake replacement at ~75k.

One thing of note, I live in New England and had to do some exhaust pipes replacement due to them rusting out, but that’s no surprised based on salt usage on roads here in the wintertime.

i love my Juke and plan to enjoy it for years to come!
Awesome to hear !!!

Yeah Juke exhaust is not Stainless and will rust.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
2015, original owner. Drive it "spiritedly" and never had any noteworthy issues and still going strong at like....56k miles I think? Have to check, I always leave it on the chintzy little what wheels are getting what power graph thing so I don't see my mileage much.

Change cvt fluid yearly. Use high quality synthetic motor oil. Change diff and transfer case fluid every 50k. Don't pussyfoot around with the cvt or it will get gunk buildup and you'll trash your valve body, don't floor it everywhere for extended periods either or you'll overheat it and damage the fluid. Use 91+ ethanol free ONLY. No saving a buck with ethanol or 87/89.

It will last a long time if you take care of it and drive it like it's meant to be driven - hard but not racecar hard.

Don't forget to polish and wax it. If you live in the Midwest shoot everything underneath with rustloleum underbody paint, even if it's already rusted.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Honestly, Samus, half the comments you make cause me to cringe.

Ethanol isn't available everywhere, it's fine to use whatever premium gas is convenient.

Use your AWD and corner like you mean it and blast yourself out of the curve. Just don't do neutral drops or 4k rpm-foot on the brake launches.

Change your cvt fluid every 30-35k miles even if that takes 5 years. Don't worry about the rear "diff", it's a completely sealed system and gets less than 10% of the wear as the front drivetrain gets.

And wash it when you feel like it. Your trade in value isn't worth stressing over a high gloss finish and your hood WILL chip no matter what you do. Cheap oem nissan paint.

Just take care of it within the realm of convenience, the same as you would with any vehicle.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Honestly, Samus, half the comments you make cause me to cringe.

Ethanol isn't available everywhere, it's fine to use whatever premium gas is convenient.

Use your AWD and corner like you mean it and blast yourself out of the curve. Just don't do neutral drops or 4k rpm-foot on the brake launches.

Change your cvt fluid every 30-35k miles even if that takes 5 years. Don't worry about the rear "diff", it's a completely sealed system and gets less than 10% of the wear as the front drivetrain gets.

And wash it when you feel like it. Your trade in value isn't worth stressing over a high gloss finish and your hood WILL chip no matter what you do. Cheap oem nissan paint.

Just take care of it within the realm of convenience, the same as you would with any vehicle.
Not sure what I said to cause you to cringe, but it was my pleasure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts