Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nissan Juke comes with a "GTDI" engine.... which stands for gasoline turbocharged direct injection.

Can someone explain to me why I should be excited about this??? Is it for performance or just better fuel economy?

How big is the turbo?

·
Registered
17 Posts
GTDI is gasoline turbocharged direct-injection. A lot of Ford's are expected to have this in 2013. The direct injections are designed to be much more fuel efficient and give far more power. I think VW and GM also are planning GTDI engines in their cars.

I think the Juke is expected to have 188 horsepower and 177 pounds of torque out of that engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nissanfan!!! :)

I hope it drives smoothly and does not have any of the "on" or "off" feeling that some turbocharged cars have.

·
Registered
92 Posts
tt cause a much cleaner and efficient burn. it basically uses the gas more efficiently and also produces more power at the same time. hopefully more cars use this technology pretty soon. i know everyone wants a car that uses gas better and more powerful at the same time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wish they would give it a much nicer exhaust than the one is already on the car with a nice sound to it. Sometimes Nissan misses the little touches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Double squirt???

Juke motors have a double shot of injected fuel.Does any other motor use this system?I know there are other direct injection fuel systems, but do any use the double squirt?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts