Registered
1,371 Posts
So shiny.

Reactions: Michael919

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
31 Posts
Tein street advance coilovers, not the best available at all but they seem to be popular from the research I did

·
Administrator
11,906 Posts
Did an oil and filter change today. Looks like my brakes will be due soon will do them probably after winter.
I did my oil yesterday. A whopping 650 miles on it in a years time ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I didn't plan on doing all this right now. Only planned on having tint, head unit, and rear view camera installed. But walking out spending a couple G's later with all that plus some Rockford Fosgate 6.5s in all the doors and a kicker 400 watt amp with a kicker 12 in sub....
-Trap
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Motor vehicle Vertebrate Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Bumper Packaging and labeling Trunk Rim
Car Trunk Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

·
Administrator
11,906 Posts
Uh Ohs.

How is the sound so far ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Uh Ohs.

How is the sound so far ?

The sounds good from the speakers, sub hits pretty hard for how small of a space its in. But stations aren't clear all over the place, they were before the install. Maybe its the head unit or maybe the antenna isn't hook up properly? Dunno but I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Had then install a control knob for the sub under the steering wheel, it's really nice to be able to turn the bass basically off or max it out in a split second.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well good news, took it back up the shop and it's fixed with a perfectly clear signal. Guy told me that the harnesses for radios and adapters for them still come with power connections for the powered antennas that every car use to have until about 8 years ago. The lesser experienced technician hooked the power that should have gone to the signal booster, to the connecter for the powered antenna.

Signal is crystal clear now and for how small that sub box is, man does it have bass to it. I wasn't expecting it to have some decent bass for the size and location and I am blown away with it. I'm really glad I got the adjustable knob for the bass control installed because it's actually too much bass at times.

·
Administrator
11,906 Posts
That's awesome !!!

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
holy snap how in the hell did your shop have an ax5500 in stock?! dude must have hoarded em, they've been MIA and unavailable from my distro for the past 6 months plus. ughhhhhh.

edit: good head unit choice. :) the best head unit choice, actually. one of my top 3 favorites of all time.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
27 Posts
holy snap how in the hell did your shop have an ax5500 in stock?! dude must have hoarded em, they've been MIA and unavailable from my distro for the past 6 months plus. ughhhhhh.

edit: good head unit choice. :) the best head unit choice, actually. one of my top 3 favorites of all time.
Everything I had installed they had quite a bit of it on the shelves so I am assuming they kept stock of it. I know the guy told me that they have been having a hard time keeping stock because they will order 12 to 13 of something and only 1 or 2 will come in. The Kenwood and that Sony head unit were the ones they said were difficult. They had a much cheaper brand that had a back up camera in the head unit box that he said they have no problem getting, can't remember the brand.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ordered new fender liners yesterday... went on a road trip to a farm Saturday - trip there was fine. Get to the farm (it's a tour thing and 300km away) the parking lot was tractor tire rutted and I didn't know it and bottomed out twice. 2 of the lovely clips Nissan uses to hold the liners in place snapped and I didn't know it till driving home and basically the thing flapped in the breeze and got shredded by the front tires. Not happy. Have all new clips and liners showing up in a couple of days... boooooooo.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Everything I had installed they had quite a bit of it on the shelves so I am assuming they kept stock of it. I know the guy told me that they have been having a hard time keeping stock because they will order 12 to 13 of something and only 1 or 2 will come in. The Kenwood and that Sony head unit were the ones they said were difficult. They had a much cheaper brand that had a back up camera in the head unit box that he said they have no problem getting, can't remember the brand.
Sony put out a warning bulletin almost a year ago to their dealers that supply was about to dwindle out to nothing. Luckily for my biz, I hardly do much audio work any more but the few jobs that came my way I had to pass on. The cheaper poopier brands didn't have any problems maintaining output, but the brands that actually relied upon higher quality tighter tolerance components really suffered. Say 2 years ago, if I couldn't get something in stock, a fellow shop would sell it to me 10%-over-cost, so I could still make some margin on the sale... Nowadays if someone has got something in stock, it sells at full retail (or more), no brotherhood exceptions. Bummer, but it is what it is. Moral of the story is: dope radio, good choice.

·
Administrator
11,906 Posts
Changed out the cabin air filter today. Old ones been in there around a year. Replaced it with a carbon air filter from Amazon. Total cost $11 for new filter $0 labor.😀
OEM are terribad

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally replaced the factory receiver with a Boss BE950 so I can use Carplay. Rear cam works; still working on the steering wheel controls and have speakers to replace.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Vehicle Car

3701 - 3720 of 3728 Posts