Administrator
11,903 Posts
Oh Cool.

Great little mod you actually see.

Reactions: kev604

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Not bad at all. First year I got my Juke my best friend got me a black leather w/ red stitching fob cover to match my interior. It's the little things in life 👍😁

Reactions: kev604

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Not that anyone cares any more, but as a long term Forge Intercooler user, I must yet again report a failure. Long time ago, one of the brackets on the charge pipe snapped off, leaving a leaky crack behind. Forge was nice enough to send a replacement which I installed while I had the original repaired with a heavy duty bracket welded on and re-powder coated. So here we are probably 2 years later and now the other bracket on the charge pipe has snapped off.... this time leaving about a quarter sized hole right next to the throttle body. I am opting not to have a bracket welded on again, rather, just to seal the hole and rely on the other heavy gauge modified bracket and the couplers to hold it in place. Kinda sad tbh. I don't want to say "good thing they don't even make this product any more" but.... as much as I've defended it since the initial installation (and initial problems... all well documented somewhere stashed in this forum), damn yo, long term reliability of this product is certainly questionable. The intercooler itself is killer though, I still love it, and I love that it isn't some gaudy FMIC, nice and tidy tucked away in the factory location. Just... everything around it seems to have problems. None of this matters though cuzzzzzzzz you can't even buy this thing any more!

Reactions: Swiftab

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
::shudders::
I much prefer subtlety.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Swapped out my low beams in the projector housing from halogens to 6500K LEDs. Looks more white in real life than it shows in the picture. Output is crisp and clean. These LEDs are plug and play so no resistors no extra harness and aluminum made so self cooling no fans. I have these same LEDs in my own car as DRLs, lows and fogs and works and looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
:sick:

Reactions: squirtbrnr

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I did a Seafoam induction clean on the RS today. It didn't put on quite the smoke show that the Nismo did last year when I did it for the first time. I followed that with an oil and filter change, as you always should right after doing this.

·
Administrator
11,903 Posts
I did a Seafoam induction clean on the RS today. It didn't put on quite the smoke show that the Nismo did last year when I did it for the first time. I followed that with an oil and filter change, as you always should right after doing this.
How does she run now ?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
How does she run now ?
I think it was running well before I did it. I only took it for a 10 minute spin after the hot soak, with a several fairly hard pulls. No obvious difference with that little sample. I'll see if it feels any different tomorrow. It has about 60k miles on it.

I did notice a difference on the Nismo last year, which had about 75k miles on it.

·
Administrator
11,903 Posts
I think it was running well before I did it. I only took it for a 10 minute spin after the hot soak, with a several fairly hard pulls. No obvious difference with that little sample. I'll see if it feels any different tomorrow. It has about 60k miles on it.

I did notice a difference on the Nismo last year, which had about 75k miles on it.
Let us know. People like feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
My butt dyno tells me the car has more snap and life. More responsive. Same effect as on my old Juke and as many have reported here over the years.

Real world, measurable difference? No clue!

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Administrator
11,903 Posts
I had the same feeling on my 2012 with 26k miles at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I finally got around to doing some sound treatment on the RS. I only did the front doors so far, but that gets you about 80% there. It makes such a dramatic difference in reducing road AND engine noise.

I did it pretty much the same as the Nismo (Started Some Sound Treatment), except I installed a little less deadener. Even with the partial coverage on the Nismo, the door was a little heavy and stressed the hinges.

One of the best mods you can do!

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Here's my story about being a victim of vehicular discrimination.

Yea, I said "vehicular discrimination". I didn't know it was a thing either, but I had to coin the term because it absolutely happened.

Some of you may know that I started destroying my (ex) show car 9 months ago as my priorities shifted towards rebuilding my home. The Juke is a beautiful versatile vehicle and makes an excellent work truck .... once you stop caring about making it look nice. I've hauled tens of thousands of pounds of concrete inside (this is not an exaggeration), and 15 exterior walls worth of framing & sheathing on my roof rack in 9 short months. Four months ago, we bought a garage door from Home Depot. Nothing too fancy, 8'x7', insulated, 2x big wide windows. Took FOUR MONTHS to be made... uncertain times, supply shortages, yadda yadda, no worries, we didn't actually need it because there were plenty of other walls to build in the meanwhile. Well I still routinely checked in with Clopay (the manufacturer) to schedule construction around it as efficiently as possible. It is scheduled DELIVERY on Friday, July 16th. That day I go into HD to do a followup... turns out they don't deliver to my home address (as I was originally told), rather, they delivered to Home Depot's garage door contracted installer, a shack called Parker Doors. So I gave Parker Doors three days to reach out to me to schedule the delivery to my home. Silence. So on Wednesday I reach out to Parker and I'm like "yo, I need this door now, deadlines are tight, when are you gonna deliver it".... Well Parker isn't making any money from us cuz they aren't doing the install so this lady says to me "oh in the next week or two we'll get to it". Naaahhh. "Can I pick it up from your warehouse?" (I didn't realize they were a shack, not an actual reputable facility) "I guess. Bring a truck and a friend". "I have a Juke, I'll be by tomorrow". I show up the next day with the Juke loaded to the brim with construction waste purely on a reconnaissance mission. Look at the size/shape/weight of the package. I get to meet the pleasant ::cough worthless cough:: lady that spoke on the phone. She points at the package on the floor, I inspect it, lift it, etc. "Cool, no problem". "You'll need a truck." "Nah, the Juke can handle this no problem." "No, you'll need a truck. I know what a Juke is, it can't handle this." "My roof rack can handle 300 lbs, I routinely load it with much larger stuff than this" "Well this is 370 pounds, I won't let you take this unless you show up with a truck." "My vehicle is plenty sufficient, I will assume liability, I've already paid for this, this is mine, I'm going to come back later and pick it up" "Well I'M THE OWNERS WIFE AND I FORBID IT" "Excuse me? Do you even know what a Juke is? You realize it's basically an SUV. With a roof rack." "I know what Juke is, and my son agrees that it can't handle this. I forbid it." "Does your son own a Juke?" "....yes" ::I stare blankly at her face:: "oh hell no, I'm out of here" So now I am friggin LIVID cuz this beeya just straight lied to my face and denied me my own property. There's a lot of crap I hate in this world but LIARS top the list. Now keep in mind I'm running a tight schedule, my time is money, and I've gotta get this garage door back to the house and get it installed ASAP cuz there's a massive hole in the front of my house. And now I gotta go inconvenience my neighbor with a truck because it's clear she will not budge on this unreasonable demand. So we roll up around 4:45 and I walk in there and I say "I'm here for my property" and she just stares at me stone-face. I nod towards my buddy and say "he has a truck" and she looks out the window, sees the truck, and goes "okay." I sign the release waiver and my buddy and I take the packages out of that poo-hole and place them all on the tailgate of his truck. Once every piece of my garage door is on his truck and outta there, I go SWEET, fkdizbeech, and we load it all onto the Juke. Strap it down, buddy and his truck drive away empty, and Jukeys drives away with a garage door on the roof and my middle finger on the steering wheel. Once back at the shop, just out of morbid curiosity, I weigh EVERYTHING. The total package comes in under 200 lbs.

I tell you with absolute honesty, that is the first time I've ever left a 1 star google review in my life. It won't matter; they don't service the public or require positive marketing, they get their contracts from Home Depot, and I'm willing to bet the husband does fine garage door installations. But it was INFURIATING that this egomaniac lady had such an unfounded gripe against the Juke that she was willing to literally break the law and deny me access to my own property. And that she lied to me.... TWICE. And we already know how I feel about liars.

The moral of the story is that Jukes are friggin sweet and I deal with big-truck-little-weewee dudes in the Home Depot parking lot ALL THE TIME as they watch me load up in their precious Pro Parking spot. They talk their smack and I always just look at em and go "you know my car is faster AND gets better gas mileage than yours, right?" It's ridiculous. It's insane. It's a Juke.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I worked on my paint!

3681 - 3700 of 3728 Posts