Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3661 - 3680 of 3689 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pad slapped my Juke with EBC Greens, rotors looked good will replace on next pad install. Had the dealership install the braided stainless lines in rear the upper cross member. For some reason I could not get those to break free, I had to buy new metal brake lines from Japan to connect to the rear calipers due to seizing of the metal lines to the upper rubber lines. All good now.

I'm waiting for my new wheels coming mid December.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Did a little winterization. I changed my intake to the winter to remove the cowl snorkel, sealed off the cowl with a cover and have the intake taking in hot air from under hood to help with warmup. I also put on my snow tires. Kind of liking the look of 16" steel wheels.

But, without the alloys, the axle nut is exposed... what does everyone think is the best way to cover them? More function over aesthetics. Having struggled with rusty axle nuts in the past, I would like to avoid a repeat if I ever need to replace the axles.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I installed my tein coilovers last weekend and so far they are great.
before

Reactions: Michael919

·
Super Moderator
11,595 Posts
Did a little winterization. I changed my intake to the winter to remove the cowl snorkel, sealed off the cowl with a cover and have the intake taking in hot air from under hood to help with warmup. I also put on my snow tires. Kind of liking the look of 16" steel wheels.

But, without the alloys, the axle nut is exposed... what does everyone think is the best way to cover them? More function over aesthetics. Having struggled with rusty axle nuts in the past, I would like to avoid a repeat if I ever need to replace the axles.
Use wheel spacers.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Haha OOPS
I went on what I thought was going to be a quick test drive and took a turn down a really tight ATV path and slid on some soft sand into a tree lmao. Everything's good though. Should probably get some chromoly tubular control arms made up, also a really nice excuse to get some new headlights and start working on a steel bumper...

Anyways successful test drive though, just for the wrong reasons lol

·
Super Moderator
11,595 Posts
Ouch. That arm doesnt look good.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I can't see the damage clearly on my screen, but hopefully most of that will buff out and the control arm is the only real damage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't see the damage clearly on my screen, but hopefully most of that will buff out and the control arm is the only real damage.
some tasteful battle damage, lol. Inner tie rod is bent and also the drivers headlight is cracked, but my fender seems to be mostly untouched

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Noob, your car is looking fantastic. I hadn't seen those new wheels and the suspension looks niiiiice. <3

Jaxxa, you took your Juke onto an ATV path? lol, that's awesome man, sorry bout the lil booboos, I'm sure you will spring back cooler than ever.

Reactions: Jaxxa

·
Super Moderator
11,595 Posts
If you put it on top and make it a " Turbo Juke" . That will add 30hp not 25hp. Its more efficient. LOL

Reactions: 13r1an and NickVE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happy Friday Jukers!
2013 SVT 200K+ on the odo...😐
Oil in spark wells, 1 and 2 at different times.
Replaced VC gasket4 new coils and plugs... Ran great!
Misfire #1. Again today 🤦‍♂️
Ordered PCV $35 at the shop.
Monday📦
Gonna pull #1 and inspect/clean
Any and all advice and knowledge appreciated. 👍

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Since I don't feel like starting a new thread I'mma just throw it here where it doesn't belong (but hey, I did it "today")

The hatch release button on my Jukeys went bad. Here's the long and short of it:
It started by intermittently requiring me to push the button several times to pop my hatch. weird, annoying, no worries.
Then an 'unrelated' annoying problem: the beeping noise that is made when you try to lock your keys in your car (rapid beeping from under the hood) started to randomly and inconsistently happen when I started or shut down my car. Sometimes while driving.
Then my trunk hatch would no longer open by the button. At all. Had to manually open from inside... that's annoying.
Tested button: sure enough, failure to close circuit. Temporary solution: stripped back wire on both sides of button and shorted it out to pop the trunk. Beeping issue happening 'unrelated'.
Order OEM buttom, $70 ish shipped, swap it out.
Beeping problem magically vanishes. Button works. All is well in the world.

Friggin weird.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
btw, I've been super busy but Jukeys is fully retired as a show car now and is a full time work truck and concrete hauler. This is not an exaggeration, I am averaging about a load a day from our home to the concrete yards. She's an amazing ride, I tell ya, capable of so much.

I am going to liquidate / part out all the Juke stuff hanging around the shop. All future Jukeys build plans are cancelled. Super sad about that, but gotta adapt. Definitely hope the body kit will find a good home, but got a TONNNN of parts that need to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did all 4 hubs on the Juke, w/2J racing spacers 15mm back 10mm front w/ARP studs. Hubs were easy peazy on the back, front was a *****.

No car payments FTW.

3661 - 3680 of 3689 Posts