Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I put on my snow tires.....

:(

Reactions: Swiftab

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Snow tires? What are those haha. Its still 93° out here.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
That's just mean

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I think your car looks awesome. Really like the white/red/black combo.

View attachment 189403
Not as much done as others on here but thought I’d share anyway, wheels and tint colour changes, anyone with chameleon windscreen tint feel free to post pictures, would love to see it then I can make my mind up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since my car hasn't been driven in a while it's been in need of some love. Nothing groundbreaking but today I did a quick once over with some microfibers and a spray bottle of Optimum No Rinse as it was already pretty clean just from a couple days ago. Then I clay bar'd all of the paint and glass to remove embedded contaminants which brought out the glow of the pearl white and gets you that last 5% gloss. I then rubbed it down with isopropyl before applying Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating which I hate to admit has become one of my favorite detailing products. It's in need of a very mild paint correction and I will do a new proper ceramic coating eventually but this works for now.

Also cleaned the interior and UV treated all interior and exterior plastics with 303 Aero Protectant.

Finally I hit the wheels with some Maguiars Tire Gel applied with a sponge applicator.

I'm getting a vinyl graphic made for my back glass to promote my detailing business, so as I have time I'm trying to get it as perfect looking as possible. It's coming along! I will probably use the carpet cleaner on floor mats tomorrow.
am ONR user too🙌
wanna ask does 303 stay great on our juke?
recently tried zymol vinyl care kit, seems great on wheel arch but not on those 1st gen grill holes...
they faded after a few rain showers...

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I run a fairly busy detailing business out of my garage so I use lots of different thingsz depending. ONR is fantastic for well maintained and fairly clean cars. I usually use something else for seriously dirty cars.

303 obviously doesn't last forever, especially on the outside but I would say you'll get a month out of it per application, depending on whether it rains a bunch. It's one of like 5 products I can't live without. If curious those products are:

1) ONR (use it for glass also)
2) Simple Green (slightly acidic) or Maguiars APC (pH balanced)
3) Aero 303
4) Citrus Degreaser (like Citrol)
5) P&S Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner

I could pretty much run my business using only these products.

Honestly though if you're having a hard time keeping your plastics looking good, buy a true ceramic coating on Amazon (really any of them but I like CarPro Quartz UK 3.0), and use them on your scrupulously clean plastics or vinyls. It will need to be reapplied every 6-12 months because it won't bond as well as it would paint, but it leaves plastics looking dressed at all times and you really don't need to use any other product on it. It's already got UV protection, and it looks really nice, and is semi-permanent.

am ONR user too🙌
wanna ask does 303 stay great on our juke?
recently tried zymol vinyl care kit, seems great on wheel arch but not on those 1st gen grill holes...
they faded after a few rain showers...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I run a fairly busy detailing business out of my garage so I use lots of different thingsz depending. ONR is fantastic for well maintained and fairly clean cars. I usually use something else for seriously dirty cars.

303 obviously doesn't last forever, especially on the outside but I would say you'll get a month out of it per application, depending on whether it rains a bunch. It's one of like 5 products I can't live without. If curious those products are:

1) ONR (use it for glass also)
2) Simple Green (slightly acidic) or Maguiars APC (pH balanced)
3) Aero 303
4) Citrus Degreaser (like Citrol)
5) P&S Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner

I could pretty much run my business using only these products.

Honestly though if you're having a hard time keeping your plastics looking good, buy a true ceramic coating on Amazon (really any of them but I like CarPro Quartz UK 3.0), and use them on your scrupulously clean plastics or vinyls. It will need to be reapplied every 6-12 months because it won't bond as well as it would paint, but it leaves plastics looking dressed at all times and you really don't need to use any other product on it. It's already got UV protection, and it looks really nice, and is semi-permanent.
i basically optimum die hard fans, using onr, ocwax, optiseal, and power clean too
while shampoo i prefer zymol titanium..wanted to try their wax but its quite expensive here:confused:
yea i was thinking to get coating too, after tried carpro perl and zymol vinyl kit, i dont think these conditioner thingy can last more than a week due to the weather.
in malaysia, here raining almost everyday. and applying dressing to those bunch of holes weekly is just too pain....

IMG_20201116_095753-01.jpeg
done on previous weekend. weekly maintenance wash with zymol ti shampoo, topped with optimun opti seal

IMG_20201115_164531-01.jpeg
zymol vinyl Care kit looks great for the satin finish. non greasy touch. but doesnt last long on the grill. however..they're quite well n lasting on wheel arch...weird

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Finally got the Impul grille with led lights painted the same as the body color - sapphire black.
I originally dropped it at a wrap shop to get it wrapped and an additional Nismo red pinstripe added - but they claim they couldn’t wrap it well enough. So - to the paint shop it went. Now I’m wondering if I should get that stripe added.

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
21 Posts
Finally got the Impul grille with led lights painted the same as the body color - sapphire black.
I originally dropped it at a wrap shop to get it wrapped and an additional Nismo red pinstripe added - but they claim they couldn’t wrap it well enough. So - to the paint shop it went. Now I’m wondering if I should get that stripe added.

View attachment 189445

View attachment 189446
Looks great so far, I had the kenstyle one painted on my juke because To wrap in one piece would be too complex, causing too much stress on the vinyl, the only way to wrap it will be to do it in pieces with inlays in the recesses Which as is the case with yours wouldn’t be ideal, I wrap cars for a living so It was an easy decision for me, the add on stripe would look good, keep us posted

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Looks great so far, I had the kenstyle one painted on my juke because To wrap in one piece would be too complex, causing too much stress on the vinyl, the only way to wrap it will be to do it in pieces with inlays in the recesses Which as is the case with yours wouldn’t be ideal, I wrap cars for a living so It was an easy decision for me, the add on stripe would look good, keep us posted
Can I ask - where would you apply the Nismo red stripe?

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
21 Posts
Can I ask - where would you apply the Nismo red stripe?
I think I’ve possibly misunderstood, are you looking too ok put the stripe on the grill, I was imagining the roof and bonnet stripe similar to this, I had it on mine originally before it got another makeover, not a very good photo unfortunately, the stealth grill look is a good look in my opinion, if you want to accent the grill maybe have the impul logo in red, there’s a guy on her that’s combined orange and white to fantastic effect, juklear winter he or she is called

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
I think I’ve possibly misunderstood, are you looking too ok put the stripe on the grill, I was imagining the roof and bonnet stripe similar to this, I had it on mine originally before it got another makeover, not a very good photo unfortunately, the stealth grill look is a good look in my opinion, if you want to accent the grill maybe have the impul logo in red, there’s a guy on her that’s combined orange and white to fantastic effect, juklear winter he or she is called
Ahhhh, Impul logo is illuminated.
Im debating mimicking the red Nismo stripe found on the bumper /side skirts

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Super Moderator
1,974 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
D'oh! Sorry CDN. Don't leave again!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Ha!
I didn’t temporarily leave due to gender confusion.
TRUST ME. Lol

3641 - 3660 of 3670 Posts