Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 3670 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Today I hacked my bumper in an attempt to increase air flow to radiator due to me having front mount intercooler, then I finished it off with r33 gtr front bumper vents to direct the air to center of radiator

·
Registered
79 Posts
Today, I installed my TBW undertray, not bad and easy to install. I used stainless threaded rivets and not the self tappers that were incuded with the tray. I had to modify the tool I bought off of amazon as to have clearance under the car to put enough pressure on the tool to install the rivets, good thing I still have my strength, they were a *****. So far so good...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Today i had a code p0303 cylinder 3 misfire

Can you guess which one is #3

Reactions: Swiftab

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Today I hacked my bumper in an attempt to increase air flow to radiator due to me having front mount intercooler, then I finished it off with r33 gtr front bumper vents to direct the air to center of radiator View attachment 189274 View attachment 189275
If you want more cooling, rather than adding more holes, try ducting and air management around the radiator. Closing off that gaping hole to the side of the radiator that the intercooler piping goes through and directing air into your radiator and sealing around it will increase pressure in front of the radiator and decrease pressure behind it, sending more air through it.

You currently have a larger opening than most 1000 hp super cars, so you are more than fine there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
^This guys gets it.

You need roughly 1/3 of the total frontal area of a heat exchanger exposed to airflow. The rest needs to be closed off so air can only move through the heat exchanger, and not around it. The vents look cool, but were totally unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I posted that out of context or lacking back story. The intercooler that is in pic is not the one i made the holes for nor is my notched oem lower grill that blocks the areas around the intercooler installed.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
What's up guys! I have been off doing other things and my life has been a little crazy lately. My Juke hasn't even been driveable for a number of months and I've been driving my 93 Celica convertible I recently purchased as a daily driver.

However as of this week BB-8 is driving stronger than ever and looking pretty good I think. Here's the latest, visually speaking. Installed my Yatt CF hood and had to diagnose a problem with my gators but got those working again last night, thanks @turbo noob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
BB8! lol!

Looks great! I really like the hood.

Reactions: JuklearWinter

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Michael919

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Since my car hasn't been driven in a while it's been in need of some love. Nothing groundbreaking but today I did a quick once over with some microfibers and a spray bottle of Optimum No Rinse as it was already pretty clean just from a couple days ago. Then I clay bar'd all of the paint and glass to remove embedded contaminants which brought out the glow of the pearl white and gets you that last 5% gloss. I then rubbed it down with isopropyl before applying Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating which I hate to admit has become one of my favorite detailing products. It's in need of a very mild paint correction and I will do a new proper ceramic coating eventually but this works for now.

Also cleaned the interior and UV treated all interior and exterior plastics with 303 Aero Protectant.

Finally I hit the wheels with some Maguiars Tire Gel applied with a sponge applicator.

I'm getting a vinyl graphic made for my back glass to promote my detailing business, so as I have time I'm trying to get it as perfect looking as possible. It's coming along! I will probably use the carpet cleaner on floor mats tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Windows fogged up this AM and I noticed my blower wasn't blowing, even though it was showing it was in the icon display. First thoughts, freaking mice got in my blower and burned it out or blew the two fuses. I live in the country, so anything odd that goes wrong with cars or my lawn tractor is immediately blamed on mice.

I got home and checked the two 15 amp fuses and they were fine. I pulled out the glovebox and pulled out the blower.

Yep....buggers. No little ones or parents visible, so I hope they don't come rebuild.

I cleaned it out and it's running again.

Reactions: WNYJuke

·
Registered
859 Posts
Tire sizing not much of a difference between 17s and 18s if any difference at all. Most/all people running pretty standardized tire sizes on Jukes so unlikely an issue. Personal preference but I think thin tires look ass on the Juke I prefer the meatier look on this car.
Every time, I mean EVERY TIME I see a nismo with the 18's I think the arse end of it looks really weird. Like it's too puffy or something, regular Juke, never an issue.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What's up guys! I have been off doing other things and my life has been a little crazy lately. My Juke hasn't even been driveable for a number of months and I've been driving my 93 Celica convertible I recently purchased as a daily driver.

However as of this week BB-8 is driving stronger than ever and looking pretty good I think. Here's the latest, visually speaking. Installed my Yatt CF hood and had to diagnose a problem with my gators but got those working again last night, thanks @turbo noob
That hood looks awesome. What did you wind up paying for it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, after a lot of aggravation and some serious troubleshooting, I got mine happy again. Still have a few little tweaks to go then I'll be back on the dyno for some real numbers. Today I'm swapping from my Dynomax 3" muffler to a Megan Racing larger oval straight through muffler to try and kill a little of the insane drone I have now with the bigger turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I believe after shipping it was $1275ish. AFAIK there's only one dude in Thailand who exports Yatt products to the US. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up with his info. Really good customer service and it showed it pretty fast. Two weeks I think.

That hood looks awesome. What did you wind up paying for it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I love my 2750rpm drone with the big turbo. I just hit the cruise control and take a nap 🤣

Well, after a lot of aggravation and some serious troubleshooting, I got mine happy again. Still have a few little tweaks to go then I'll be back on the dyno for some real numbers. Today I'm swapping from my Dynomax 3" muffler to a Megan Racing larger oval straight through muffler to try and kill a little of the insane drone I have now with the bigger turbo.

3621 - 3640 of 3670 Posts