Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3581 - 3600 of 3618 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why do you want to go for 18's other than for looks. Performance wise your better off with 17's also 17inch wheels and tires are more affordable.
I disagree. More tire options for 18’s and should be lighter as you’d have a thinner sidewall. Tires are heavier than quality wheels. More affordable yes. (I run 17’s)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Probably just go with 17" then, unless someone else has any input on 18". I assume 33mm offset is fine on a 7" rim.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
Either way is a win.

I never got the rotational mass difference between 17" and 18" etc when you can get a lighter rim and tire combo at 18" vs 17" but they say the 17" has less rotational mass.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I disagree. More tire options for 18’s and should be lighter as you’d have a thinner sidewall. Tires are heavier than quality wheels. More affordable yes. (I run 17’s)
Tire sizing not much of a difference between 17s and 18s if any difference at all. Most/all people running pretty standardized tire sizes on Jukes so unlikely an issue. Personal preference but I think thin tires look ass on the Juke I prefer the meatier look on this car.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Probably just go with 17" then, unless someone else has any input on 18". I assume 33mm offset is fine on a 7" rim.
Yes 33mm offset works gets you closer to flush but not quite flush.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
From what I have seen, if you are going to be sticking with a 7" wide wheel, there is a better tire selection with 17s. When you run into issues on 17" tire selection, its when you are looking for tires to fit on a 9" or wider wheel. 18s will give you a much better selection at that point.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
holy crap I actually worked on my car today. first time in months. unless you count changing my oil yesterday morning.

Over the past 3 days I redid (for the 3rd time) the rear license plate cover thing. This time I went in there and removed all the plastic epoxy from ~3 years ago and finally did the emblem delete properly with plastic welding in stock ABS to fill the void. Floated it, sealed it, painted it, installed it. Sound deadened the hatch finally, put her all back together, did a lil IG post. I've been tellin all work solicitations to eff off for the past week and will continue to for another week cuz my own projects deserve my attention. I'd like to announce that the Collars Install video is officially back on my work queue, as I promised results over a year ago, and so we should be seeing that appear shortly. Tons of work into that and then, fun story, I got another Juke project that cut in line and should be completed within the next week or so. As for the body kit molding, that got royally kicked to the back burner but I can say that it is at least one step closer than it was a few months ago in that it is now sanded down to primer/fiberglass so waiting on me to start on the molding process.

First time on this forum in a month, hi guys, hope all is well, see ya again when I have something worthwhile to post. <3

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I was getting annoyed by squeaky polyurethane bushings and how often I need to grease them. I was looking around and saw some people tried teflon plumbers tape, but some people mentioned it disintegrating. So I started thinking... UHMW tape (AKA slick tape) is often used in manufacturing to reduce friction on things like skids and conveyors. It actually has a slightly worse coefficient of friction than teflon, but it is much stronger and abrasion resistant (good for under a car), and the acrylic adhesive is also stronger to keep it in place. I ordered some, degreased the swaybar and wrapped a single layer over where it contacts the bushings. So far, without adding any grease, it moves smoothly with no squeaking. We'll see how it holds up, but so far so good.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
holy crap I actually worked on my car today. first time in months. unless you count changing my oil yesterday morning.

Over the past 3 days I redid (for the 3rd time) the rear license plate cover thing. This time I went in there and removed all the plastic epoxy from ~3 years ago and finally did the emblem delete properly with plastic welding in stock ABS to fill the void. Floated it, sealed it, painted it, installed it. Sound deadened the hatch finally, put her all back together, did a lil IG post. I've been tellin all work solicitations to eff off for the past week and will continue to for another week cuz my own projects deserve my attention. I'd like to announce that the Collars Install video is officially back on my work queue, as I promised results over a year ago, and so we should be seeing that appear shortly. Tons of work into that and then, fun story, I got another Juke project that cut in line and should be completed within the next week or so. As for the body kit molding, that got royally kicked to the back burner but I can say that it is at least one step closer than it was a few months ago in that it is now sanded down to primer/fiberglass so waiting on me to start on the molding process.

First time on this forum in a month, hi guys, hope all is well, see ya again when I have something worthwhile to post. <3
Glad to hear things are going well with you and Jukey.

Keep us posted.

BTW I did a bad bad thing. Haha.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did my second CVT fluid change with AmsOil today. Pulled out nearly 7qts. Dropped the pan, changed the strainer, and cleaned the magnets... I only had 7qts left so I got worried the more I was getting out. Haven’t driven it much yet after.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Went to do my 2J Radiator hoses and lookie what I see.

Hey Mishimoto!! Still don't want to do an all aluminum radiator?

Email them! dammit! F-these plastic crap radiators!

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
Oh jeez thats not good.

Reactions: Zuke Duke

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
One more thing to add to my list of parts that need to be made for a Juke.

So far we are at down pipes that dont break and a good quality aluminum radiator. Keep breaking stuff people so I can get a Juke line up going!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thought this was funny! 😁

·
Registered
447 Posts
Would anyone here toss him a few bucks is the question? I mean we are car people!
I bet there was a car meet down the street and he was just trying to capitalize on it. 😂

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think at some pointe a few of us did something like that for a member who ran into a really bad situation with a tuner. And some of us pitched in to get it fixed if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That was Slcjuke then he sent it to 2JRacing wasn’t it?

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Short shifter thingeemajig is now installed. Video is now edited. It is now posted. I will create a thread. Closed to all new business for the remainder of July. Steadily and deliberately eliminating this backlog of work. Feelin good.

3581 - 3600 of 3618 Posts