Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3561 - 3580 of 3618 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
In response to your previous comment, I have always followed your posts but I didn't realize how ambitiously project-oriented you are. Impressive stuff. Fortunately my detailing business is mostly cash or Venmo so my wife is insulated from many of my shenanigans, or I would never get away with half of the stuff I do haha.

Yes it is sad seeing seeing these high end cars mistreated, but I also enioy the process (and the cash) of spending upwards of a week making em beautiful again...and driving vehicles I'll never be able to own probably is its own reward. Out of the last 10 cars I've done 8 of them were forced induction making a minimum of 500hp, so I'm definitely getting the clientele I've worked real hard to gain.

Sad a nice car like that and the owner treat it like a disposable appliance.(n)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Finished detailing the Juke today. Finally got a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal N Shine some say this is a game changer product as far as performance, ease of use and price so I was dying to try it out. Anybody who isn't into detailing probably saying Turtle Wax WTF this guy smoking well I don't blame you in years past the quality of their products have been bottom end but recently they've seriously stepped up their game all the Turtle Wax Ice products like spray wax and quick detailer are top notch and usually outperform more expensive boutique brands. Heads up guys also the Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating is suppose to be amazing as well I picked up a bottle of the Ceramic spray coating to use on my Civic so I can compare the difference between that and Seal N Shine. Gonna shut up now and post some pics.

So the Juke was clayed, polished, sealed and waxed two weeks ago. I applied a second coat of wax to topoff than finished withTurtle Wax Seal N Shine. Okay this product gives me everything I'm looking for Gloss/shine and slickness is outstanding, water beading/sheathing is amazing, based on what I've seen and read durability is as good if not better than the most durable products in the market and ease of use and affordable price is a big bonus. A simple clay, polish and Seal N Shine will probably be good for 6 months thats why some have called it a game changer.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
So which one is better or just use both in conjunction with each other ?

I like the Maguires hybrid but its hard to buff off. Lotta work. Gloss and water beading is outstanding tho.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
So which one is better or just use both in conjunction with each other ?

I like the Maguires hybrid but its hard to buff off. Lotta work. Gloss and water beading is outstanding tho.
I just used the Seal N Shine on the Juke haven't tried the Ceramic Spray Coating yet maybe next week on my Civic. Both these products should be comparable the Ceramic Spray Coating is sort of the newer version of Seal N Shine. These are spray on wipe off products just don't overspray. The stuff don't even run off the panels its so easy to use. I like Meguires products I've used many and most are good but Seal N Shine is off the charts better in every way it's incredibly slick and durability is comparable to the best sealants.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I used Turtle Wax Snow Foam in my foam cannon today on an F-150 Platinum. They make good stuff. I've used the Mag's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (blue bottle), and it works great but I dont enjoy working with it. I really like P&S Bead Maker (spray and wipe), Chemical Guys Jet Seal applied by DA, and Griots Liquid Poly-Gloss (easy to apply with microfiber applicator).

Finished detailing the Juke today. Finally got a bottle of Turtle Wax Seal N Shine some say this is a game changer product as far as performance, ease of use and price so I was dying to try it out. Anybody who isn't into detailing probably saying Turtle Wax WTF this guy smoking well I don't blame you in years past the quality of their products have been bottom end but recently they've seriously stepped up their game all the Turtle Wax Ice products like spray wax and quick detailer are top notch and usually outperform more expensive boutique brands. Heads up guys also the Turtle Wax Ceramic spray coating is suppose to be amazing as well I picked up a bottle of the Ceramic spray coating to use on my Civic so I can compare the difference between that and Seal N Shine. Gonna shut up now and post some pics.

So the Juke was clayed, polished, sealed and waxed two weeks ago. I applied a second coat of wax to topoff than finished withTurtle Wax Seal N Shine. Okay this product gives me everything I'm looking for Gloss/shine and slickness is outstanding, water beading/sheathing is amazing, based on what I've seen and read durability is as good if not better than the most durable products in the market and ease of use and affordable price is a big bonus. A simple clay, polish and Seal N Shine will probably be good for 6 months thats why some have called it a game changer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Didn’t feel like separating my rims from the tires, so I just had the centre nuts refinished in black for now. I actually don’t mind the contrast from the lug covers, as it’s helps the wheels get less lost in the car. I find black wheels can get lost in a car from certain angles and in mediocre photography (my specialty).
Debating doing polished lips, but they’re all ready so hard to clean with the offset and spoke design. The spokes protrude past the 3” lip with a very small gap to get a wheel woolies into.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I used Turtle Wax Snow Foam in my foam cannon today on an F-150 Platinum. They make good stuff. I've used the Mag's Hybrid Ceramic Wax (blue bottle), and it works great but I dont enjoy working with it. I really like P&S Bead Maker (spray and wipe), Chemical Guys Jet Seal applied by DA, and Griots Liquid Poly-Gloss (easy to apply with microfiber applicator).
That is good work with some good products for sure. For more of a weekend warrior though a simple clay bar which anyone can do, than polish (if you have alot of scuffs and marring go with a heavier polish like Meguiars Compound which is cheap and readily available and does a good job at filling in scratches and bringing back gloss or if your paint is in good condition really any polish from any reputable company will do), than top it off with Seal N Shine and your done. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is a good product but Seal N Shine is the real deal a giant killer in durability tests it outlasts everybody even hangs with Fusso Soft 99. What I'm getting at is for the weekend warrior which is 99% of car owners you don't need high end boutique products to keep your car looking good in fact many OTC products nowadays perform as well or outperform more expensive boutique brands just follow this simple process every 6 months and you'll be amazed. Another thing you can do is topoff your finish say every other car wash depending how often you wash with a spray wipe. P&S Bead Maker is a good choice gives really good gloss but generally I would not recommend a detail spray product because most detail sprays give that immediate satisfaction in gloss but really no protection and no durability. I would go with a spray wax either Meguiars Quik Spray Wax which gives good gloss and some durability or my choice would be the Turtle Wax Ice spray wax which is what I use which gives good durability for a spray wax again affordable OTC products no need to waste money on high end. Not going to lie alot of OTC products are low quality but google/youtube is your friend many comparison tests out there where the OTC performs better so there are gems out there just choose your product wisely.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
Thanks very much for the extended reviews.

I ordered some Turtle stuff. I like the results of the Maguires but its effort/hard to work with.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
You're absolutely right about all of that. A majority of the vehicles I detail have either been ceramic coated by me already (and therefore meticulously decontaminated and paint corrected), or is about to get one, and I almost always followup with longer lasting sealant like Jetseal, and then as a finishing step Beadmaker which really just means I'm chasing smudges, spot and fingerprints with it. I will use it as the only protection I put on a really basic car wash, orherwise I would probably keep a lot more of these ceramic infused sprays around. I got a car back for its first detail since I ceramic coated it a year ago and without any active layer of wax/polymer on it for most of that year it was still beading water like nobody's business. If curious I use CarPro Quartz UK 3.0 (I like it better than US formula, no clue why). The suede applicators from Adam's I like are 2/$6, and the 30mL of the Quartz is enough for two medium sized cars. I even do the unfinished plastic and you never need to dress them (I do like Aero 303 every wash or three) . I don't have a single repeat/regular customer I haven't done a nanocoating on. They are completely worth the effort if you're down with the prep work (which you obviously are lol). I have a thread going on when I did one on a ZR3 Vette I need to go back and finish. My car sat out in front of Matt's house for almost a year through all the seasons and it came home with no new oxidation or swirls. I was kind if amazed by that and I coated my car with one of the cheap 9h coatings from Amazon. $25 I think.

Some of the OTC products are excellent like you said if you do your research. I have Mags 105 and 205 at all times. I use 105 on my fingertip to solve all kinds of issues. They both dust rather badly with DA but Griots BOSS line gas spoiled me there. I think the average weekend warrior can find everything they need locally, just have to weed through BS and take advantage of deals so you aren't overpaying. Admittedly I get most of my stuff from Amazon, or directly from Griots, Adams and Chemical Guys.

That is good work with some good products for sure. For more of a weekend warrior though a simple clay bar which anyone can do, than polish (if you have alot of scuffs and marring go with a heavier polish like Meguiars Compound which is cheap and readily available and does a good job at filling in scratches and bringing back gloss or if your paint is in good condition really any polish from any reputable company will do), than top it off with Seal N Shine and your done. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is a good product but Seal N Shine is the real deal a giant killer in durability tests it outlasts everybody even hangs with Fusso Soft 99. What I'm getting at is for the weekend warrior which is 99% of car owners you don't need high end boutique products to keep your car looking good in fact many OTC products nowadays perform as well or outperform more expensive boutique brands just follow this simple process every 6 months and you'll be amazed. Another thing you can do is topoff your finish say every other car wash depending how often you wash with a spray wipe. P&S Bead Maker is a good choice gives really good gloss but generally I would not recommend a detail spray product because most detail sprays give that immediate satisfaction in gloss but really no protection and no durability. I would go with a spray wax either Meguiars Quik Spray Wax which gives good gloss and some durability or my choice would be the Turtle Wax Ice spray wax which is what I use which gives good durability for a spray wax again affordable OTC products no need to waste money on high end. Not going to lie alot of OTC products are low quality but google/youtube is your friend many comparison tests out there where the OTC performs better so there are gems out there just choose your product wisely.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks very much for the extended reviews.

I ordered some Turtle stuff. I like the results of the Maguires but its effort/hard to work with.
If your looking for least amount of work to yield the best results at an affordable price than a clay bar which doesn't take long especially on a small vehicle like the Juke than follow that up with Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine a wipe on wipe off product and top it off with Turtle Wax Ice Spray wax another wipe on wipe off product and your done. Re-do the spray wax every second or third wash depending how frequently you wash and Re-do the whole process every 5-6 months. Lots of videos about TW spray wax and especially Seal N Shine about quality and crazy durability and how its destroyed much more expensive products in testing. For the weekend warrior this will yield you really good results.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Finished Remote Tuning

Map 1: 20psi Performance
Map 2: 18psi Street
Map 3: 91 Fuel Saver / Towing Tune
Map 4: Teen Driver 5000rpm 80mph
Map 5: Valet Mode 3800rpm

He couldn’t limit psi due to the fact I had to put in blue spring for the Mamba wastegate before we saw higher #’s.
No downpipe yet either. So this is the best for now. It’s strong and pulls the hardest in AWD sport.

Reactions: squirtbrnr

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
245 Posts
I brought my Juke out to the Florida Gambler 500 rally this weekend. Three days of off-roading and trail running in the Ocala National Forest, I literally folded the rear seats down and camped out in the back of the Juke. It was pretty wild, a really intense test of the Juke's capabilities as an "overland" platform, and I'm actually really eager to take it on more camping trips!
I can say, among the troves of other misfit lifted vehicles that were at the event, the Juke was pretty legendary. I was even able to rescue a pretty well-stuck Toyota 4Runner, and I also towed a lifted Mazda Miata out of some soft sand.

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
I brought my Juke out to the Florida Gambler 500 rally this weekend. Three days of off-roading and trail running in the Ocala National Forest, I literally folded the rear seats down and camped out in the back of the Juke. It was pretty wild, a really intense test of the Juke's capabilities as an "overland" platform, and I'm actually really eager to take it on more camping trips!
I can say, among the troves of other misfit lifted vehicles that were at the event, the Juke was pretty legendary. I was even able to rescue a pretty well-stuck Toyota 4Runner, and I also towed a lifted Mazda Miata out of some soft sand. View attachment 188473 View attachment 188474 View attachment 188475
View attachment 188476

Out Standing !!!!!!!

Now you need a Drunkmann Tune !!!!!!!

Reactions: Jaxxa

·
Super Moderator
10,871 Posts
Jump right in. You can retune after the DP. The performance you will get will make you smile.

Just bear in mind. You dont want to launch your Juke with what you are running tire wise. Rolling Full throttle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jump right in. You can retune after the DP. The performance you will get will make you smile.

Just bear in mind. You dont want to launch your Juke with what you are running tire wise. Rolling Full throttle.
I never launch my Juke, and my "Flooring it" instinct is only like 75% throttle
It's still surprisingly quick even with the gearing increase (still gets decent mileage too) but any extra torque I can get as low in the RPMs as possible will help pretty much everywhere on road and off road

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lightweight Pully and new silicone radiator hoses in the mail. Still debating on what wheels, want to keep them 17x7 (42 inset) (33 offset) or should I go 18's ?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Lightweight Pully and new silicone radiator hoses in the mail. Still debating on what wheels, want to keep them 17x7 (42 inset) (33 offset) or should I go 18's ?
Why do you want to go for 18's other than for looks. Performance wise your better off with 17's also 17inch wheels and tires are more affordable.

3561 - 3580 of 3618 Posts