Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3541 - 3560 of 3570 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Also my 2j down pipe cracked again and the escaping hot gasses melted the o2 sensor wires and connector and shorted out my car causing it to completely shut off at 80mph ish 🤫 and the car wouldn't start so after talking to nissan egg he told me about the ipdm box under the intake and help me get my jukey working again! Now I bought a gtm downpipe and second cat delete from another member along with a new o2 sensor and some gaskets and studs so in short 2js not great design cost me $700 in replacement parts and misc. Gaskets and studs!
Looks like you never took my advice and added that flex pipe to the midpipe to prevent this from happening.

For the 1 billionth time, the 2J downpipe design is not flawed. I am NOT defending 2J (lord knows I'll do quite the opposite in private) but the problem is that once you go aftermarket exhaust, you lose all the spring bolts and YOU MUST INSTALL A FLEX PIPE or else you WILL crack your exhaust at its weakest point. That ribbed section in the 2J pipe is a vibration isolation section, NOT a flex pipe. To be clear: NO AFTERMARKET EXHAUST FOR OUR VEHICLE COMES WITH A FLEX PIPE. This is something you must do IN ADDITION to your purchases to guarantee longevity.

Like I told Mr. Noob forever ago... but he doesn't like to listen to me. He just likes to ask me questions and not follow my advice. :-|

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Thank you @13r1an and @MyHtc10 y'all are awesome. Don't build your own retrofits kids. That's why we got 13.
Congrats on your fantastic success. Let me do those headlights tho, trust me.... HTC did his and then he saw the version I did... there's a difference between DIY and pro... devil is in the details. ;-)

Really tho, congrats man, love watching the progression of the Splish Splash.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Thanks, @13r1an that means a shi'tton coming you homie. All you guys out there with rad builds like yours who actually know they're doing fuel this project.

We'll definitely be in touch on those HIDs. I've definitely done my research on equipment and think I've got a pretty good idea of what we'd use.

Gotta go detail more cars to feed the beast.

Bonus before and after on the nastiest wheels I've ever cleaned belonging to this Range Rover SV-R. She do go fast tho. She stop fast too. I swear I thought the rims were matte black and I definitely didn't know them calipers were blue.

Congrats on your fantastic success. Let me do those headlights tho, trust me.... HTC did his and then he saw the version I did... there's a difference between DIY and pro... devil is in the details. ;-)

Really tho, congrats man, love watching the progression of the Splish Splash.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
but the problem is that once you go aftermarket exhaust, you lose all the spring bolts and YOU MUST INSTALL A FLEX PIPE or else you WILL crack your exhaust at its weakest point.
I concur with @13r1an 's statement. I still have the stock downpipe and everything after it is aftermarket and let me list the things I've had to fix because the Injen second cat delete does not have a flex section: 3 gaskets between the delete and cat-back have worn out on one side each time, 2 gaskets between the two halves of the cat-back have warn out on one side each time, 1 donut gasket between the downpipe and delete was so worn down I had exhaust leaking into the cabin, 1 spring bolt holding the delete to the downpipe sheared off, and one of the two lower downpipe support bracket bolts holding the stock downpipe to the engine has gone missing twice assuming it's backed itself out from vibration. That lower support bracket which is missing on any aftermarket downpipe is critical to preventing vibration from destroying the exhaust system. Remove that support and engine vibration and flex is now focused on the turbo outlet flange, the downpipe, or the lower mating flange. Since my stock downpipe and lower support still exist, all that engine vibrational energy is transferred to the rest of the piping.

As for me, I crawled under the frame to see what 82k miles and 7 years of Wisconsin weather and road conditions has done to the frame and various parts. Thankfully just some superficial rust and only minor flaking. Unfortunately no pictures. I do however have my rear stillen sway bar removed so I can recondition and lubricate the rubber bushings and end links that are starting to make a terrible squeak going over bumps. I also plan to remove and clean and inspect brake hardware as I think I'm dragging a shoe until I reach road speed and the caliper frees up. Gotta use my new Milwaukee M18 battery impact torque wrench somehow.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Looks like you never took my advice and added that flex pipe to the midpipe to prevent this from happening.

For the 1 billionth time, the 2J downpipe design is not flawed. I am NOT defending 2J (lord knows I'll do quite the opposite in private) but the problem is that once you go aftermarket exhaust, you lose all the spring bolts and YOU MUST INSTALL A FLEX PIPE or else you WILL crack your exhaust at its weakest point. That ribbed section in the 2J pipe is a vibration isolation section, NOT a flex pipe. To be clear: NO AFTERMARKET EXHAUST FOR OUR VEHICLE COMES WITH A FLEX PIPE. This is something you must do IN ADDITION to your purchases to guarantee longevity.

Like I told Mr. Noob forever ago... but he doesn't like to listen to me. He just likes to ask me questions and not follow my advice. :-|
I bought the downpipe and second pipe from as a package deal from 2j and if the flex pipe was such an important part for longevity that he should have implemented it into the design

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Finally bought a PIAA silicone rear windshield wiper to replace the factory wiper that was still on there. I already replaced the fronts with PIAA wipers a while back and found them to be the best performing wipers I've used both quit and good at dispersing rain.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I’ll be your FWD tester (if I can afford it). Because you will need both, right?😊
I changed out the front wipers to PIAA a while ago at the same time I swapped out to Bosch wipers on my Honda and personally I find the PIAA perform better than Bosch.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I changed out the cabin air filter today. Bought it off Amazon.

The filter from Amazon has less pleats and felt flimsy and lightweight compared to the previous stock filter hopefully it does the job.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I changed out the cabin air filter today. Bought it off Amazon.

The filter from Amazon has less pleats and felt flimsy and lightweight compared to the previous stock filter hopefully it does the job.
That is pretty dirty. If you can, wipe out the area before replacing the filter next time. It is amazing how much of a difference the filter makes to cabin air quality. I do mine every 10k miles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Changed out my turbo over the holiday weekend to a Mamba. No issues with exhaust bolts as I had removed heat shields then sprayed them nearly everyday for over a week prior. Most my issues were from reassembly where I should have chosen to bolts things back in a different order than I did. Now just awaiting my tune file from Anthony....

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
::high pitched mocking voice:: just waiting on my tune from Anthony! 🤣 That is awesome @Nismo Offroad, your build has gotten a huge facelift with the matte black and now the Mamba. Very nice.

Changed out my turbo over the holiday weekend to a Mamba. No issues with exhaust bolts as I had removed heat shields then sprayed them nearly everyday for over a week prior. Most my issues were from reassembly where I should have chosen to bolts things back in a different order than I did. Now just awaiting my tune file from Anthony.... View attachment 188313 View attachment 188314

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
What I did for my Juke this Memorial Day weekend was really what I did for this Range Rover because it'll help me pay for the tune.

This was almost a 35 hour job where I had to pull out all the tricks. Wendsanding deeply etched bird and bug gut corrosion, bunch of rock chips filled and smoothed out, 3 step paint correction, ceramic coating, the works. Google says 575hp. It is definitely the fastest luxury vehicle I've ever driven. That color tho.

One step closer to a tuned BB-8.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Is that the High flow Mamba setup ?

Changed out my turbo over the holiday weekend to a Mamba. No issues with exhaust bolts as I had removed heat shields then sprayed them nearly everyday for over a week prior. Most my issues were from reassembly where I should have chosen to bolts things back in a different order than I did. Now just awaiting my tune file from Anthony.... View attachment 188313 View attachment 188314

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
DId a CRC induction cleaning last night. CRC seems to not smoke as much as Sea Foam. I don't know if I have cleaned it out a lot by now and there is not as much carbon making the smoke or if it is the product. I tend to do a cleaning with every oil change. As I do not drive that much, that works out to every ~2500-3000 miles or so. So it may be pretty clean. The car does seem to run better now.

I did a Sea Foam cleaning on a friend's car recently and it made a lot of smoke... but it also had 120k miles on the car. On that car, the difference was very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
You've been busy with all the practical changes and maintenance recently.

DId a CRC induction cleaning last night. CRC seems to not smoke as much as Sea Foam. I don't know if I have cleaned it out a lot by now and there is not as much carbon making the smoke or if it is the product. I tend to do a cleaning with every oil change. As I do not drive that much, that works out to every ~2500-3000 miles or so. So it may be pretty clean. The car does seem to run better now.

I did a Sea Foam cleaning on a friend's car recently and it made a lot of smoke... but it also had 120k miles on the car. On that car, the difference was very noticeable.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
You've been busy with all the practical changes and maintenance recently.
Really, I have been caught up helping friends with their cars. Been busy with a clay bar, polish, wax, rust treatment, wheel repair, oil, power steering flush, transmission fluid change, struts and swaybay links on all 4 corners, axle, spark plugs, belts, radiator, hoses, etc. for one of my good friends this month. And that is not to mention doing other minor work for other friends as well. And I painted my apartment, built a new screen and reconfigured my AV setup. I haven't had much time to work on my own car, even though I have been without paid work this month.

On the flip side, I have been planning things out in my head. I had an idea to fit stock car brakes to the Juke and bought the parts last year, but I think it is going to be too difficult right now to make them fit with the parts in hand while clearing the control arms and wheels,. I plan to be more careful planning out my next move, as money isn't coming in. I was thinking about re-configuring my exhaust for the third time to drive a diffuser, but titanium isn't cheap and I have to think about wife approval factor. I also have to take that into consideration before stiffening up the suspension more. But I'll be doing a lot of mock-up and math before I spend significant money or start cutting.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
What I did for my Juke this Memorial Day weekend was really what I did for this Range Rover because it'll help me pay for the tune.

This was almost a 35 hour job where I had to pull out all the tricks. Wendsanding deeply etched bird and bug gut corrosion, bunch of rock chips filled and smoothed out, 3 step paint correction, ceramic coating, the works. Google says 575hp. It is definitely the fastest luxury vehicle I've ever driven. That color tho.

One step closer to a tuned BB-8.
Sad a nice car like that and the owner treat it like a disposable appliance.(n)

3541 - 3560 of 3570 Posts