Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3521 - 3540 of 3570 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Yeah dude I gotchu I will get that for you tomorrow I had already walked away from my project for the evening by the time I saw this.

Since you've got your frontend totally apart (wish I could, no garage :( ) measure END TO END the FMIC fittings. Please and thanks. I think my mockup is at 32 or something like that... I'm lazy and don't want to go down 2 flights of stairs to check. Ya, 2 storey house, finished basement NO GARAGE!!!!! Gar.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Sorry @slumberbunny I totally forgot to grab those measurements. If I think about it before I crash I'll edit this post and you'll never know. I spent much more time tinkering with these than I intended to.

Took me some time to rebuild the mounting points that were broken on one of the gators and had to chase a couple of bad connections but it all came together pretty easy, just slowly. Currently waiting on the epoxy putty fo cure hence the eyepatch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Finished securing the freshly painted lip splitter using factory popper thingies, and silicone. Then I ziptied the crap out of it to keep the seam tight while the silicone bonds. I'll snip them off in the morning I decided to not go to work to focus on my quarantine projects.

I ran the wiring harnesses for the gators, finished repairing the mounting tabs, weathersealed any potentially vulnerable splice or whatever, polished the main headlights using my 3" DA, ceramic coated the headlights, rust neutralized, sanded and painted my crash bar (hey it had to be A color why not orange?), triple checked functionality on switchbacks, DRLs, etc.

Played with the morimoto app for like way too long. Grille came back from repainting only kind of looks crappy now but I'll take it. Then I put er all back together, leaving the driver's side taped off while more epoxy cures and also leaving the lip zipped down overnight just go be safe. Can't wait to see what it all looks like tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread the last few posts but I've beena busy quaranbee. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Oh you already know that's happening! With the lights off rhe black 'eyes' look pretty rad. I really wanna pull my tails apart next and red-delete them.

Black doesnt look as out of place as I thought it would.

Black out your headlights

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tails..... might be better off either getting black Mbro or have 13 paint them. I tryed opening the tails and yea, you need a ultra sonic cutter to do a good job.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Tails..... might be better off either getting black Mbro or have 13 paint them. I tryed opening the tails and yea, you need a ultra sonic cutter to do a good job.

I'm SO glad you told me that.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread the last few posts but I've beena busy quaranbee. What do you guys think?
I like that lip spoiler looks good.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I like that lip spoiler looks good.
Thanks @kev604. It's been torn off the bumper once already and my mechanic did a terrible job mounting it the first time so I had to mend a bunch of things before sending it off to get painted. It looks a lot better than it did before but I'll never get it 100% perfect. Wonder how long till I get my first glaring rock chip lol.

Daylight money shots after two long weeks of evenings and weekends. It makes me happy to look at.

Thank you @13r1an and @MyHtc10 y'all are awesome. Don't build your own retrofits kids. That's why we got 13.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I read this in middle of the road American accent in my head until words 4 & 5. Thanks @M1234! A little color goes a long way.

That looks mean that does juklear winter, credit where credit is due

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have been experimenting with different mount designs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Also my 2j down pipe cracked again and the escaping hot gasses melted the o2 sensor wires and connector and shorted out my car causing it to completely shut off at 80mph ish 🤫 and the car wouldn't start so after talking to nissan egg he told me about the ipdm box under the intake and help me get my jukey working again! Now I bought a gtm downpipe and second cat delete from another member along with a new o2 sensor and some gaskets and studs so in short 2js not great design cost me $700 in replacement parts and misc. Gaskets and studs!

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Also my 2j down pipe cracked again and the escaping hot gasses melted the o2 sensor wires and connector and shorted out my car causing it to completely shut off at 80mph ish and the car wouldn't start so after talking to nissan egg he told me about the ipdm box under the intake and help me get my jukey working again! Now I bought a gtm downpipe and second cat delete from another member along with a new o2 sensor and some gaskets and studs so in short 2js not great design cost me $700 in replacement parts and misc. Gaskets and studs!
Holy ****. Nothing like car a dieing on highway. And isnt that box fun to get to? Lol

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Also my 2j down pipe cracked again and the escaping hot gasses melted the o2 sensor wires and connector and shorted out my car causing it to completely shut off at 80mph ish 🤫 and the car wouldn't start so after talking to nissan egg he told me about the ipdm box under the intake and help me get my jukey working again! Now I bought a gtm downpipe and second cat delete from another member along with a new o2 sensor and some gaskets and studs so in short 2js not great design cost me $700 in replacement parts and misc. Gaskets and studs!
OUCH

Well no more broken 2J DPs.......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Send me that DP so I can use it as a template! You guys need some good quality exhaust stuff right?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I like that idea! You can have it for free if I can get one off you at cost. 😎

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I like that idea! You can have it for free if I can get one off you at cost. 😎
Ya that would be no problem at all. I would need a test victim anyways to ensure it fits right. Kinda hard to test fit myself now that I dont have a Juke or know anyone locally with one....

3521 - 3540 of 3570 Posts