Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3501 - 3520 of 3570 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sure is! I wanna say it came from GlynHopkins. Maybe. Its hard to keep up when 70% of what's on my Juke came from overseas lmao. I definitely didn't find it inNorth America, nor my rear lip or whatever you'd call that.
Thats what I thought. I like the OEM lip it isn't too overboard or ricey and the OEM diffuser is a nice piece as well I had considered getting those pieces too. Post a pic once everything is done I want to see what it looks like on the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I detailed mine last weekend. Clay, polish, wax, Windows, trim, vacuum, and upholstery.
I was crushed after the clay, when I saw all of the chips on my hood, from my highway commute. I have the Bordeaux Black paint, and once the contaminants were gone, it was bad. Don’t know what I’m going to do about it yet. Trying to keep costs down right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I detailed mine last weekend. Clay, polish, wax, Windows, trim, vacuum, and upholstery.
I was crushed after the clay, when I saw all of the chips on my hood, from my highway commute. I have the Bordeaux Black paint, and once the contaminants were gone, it was bad. Don’t know what I’m going to do about it yet. Trying to keep costs down right now.

I had a black car before and I loved it and hated it at the same time since every little imperfection shows said to myself I wouldn't get a black car again after that.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
I had a black car before and I loved it and hated it at the same time since every little imperfection shows said to myself I wouldn't get a black again after that.
LOL Thats the opposite of what I hear. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
So here's this ridiculous prototype bumper I've been cooking up for a while. I wanted to go for a shark nose grille so I swept the grille back as much as I could but I've been thwarted by AC lines, and in general I found a few things that need some massaging to fit with no issues, but I feel like the design translates into the real world surprisingly well.
The upper grille and headlight shroud will probably end up being polypropylene construction and incorporate into the wings of the stock bumper, and while it would be super cool to make the bumper out of steel or aluminum to make it legit, I'm probably just going to make it out of sheet plastic as well since it will be easier and MUCH cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Keep it like that and just Plasti Dip it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Sounds like the Gambler 500 lol, I could probably just drench the thing in fiberglass resin and call it a day
True. Look at the guys doing wide body with foam.

·
Registered
221 Posts
True. Look at the guys doing wide body with foam.
Yeah, haha sweats nervously
I did consider doing that to make fully custom fender flares, but that process would have left my vehicle undriveable for WEEKS while it gets shaped. Recently, I saw B is for Build use Ceconite which is a "high tension aircraft fabric" which can be stretched over a frame and then reinforced with fiberglass, which is something I'll have to keep in mind for later...

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
I just completed my first retrofit building experience by reproducing a beautiful @13r1an original gator light following @MyHtc10's tragic deJukification.

Basically one side was good the other was pretty well smashed up, so I received the remaining functional guts and replacement parts as well as burchered the donor factory gator for the housing and reflectors.

I will stick to my day job but I gotta be honest I am pretty damn proud of how close I got it to the reference gator.

Have had to come back to this project a few times over the past week or so but am thinking I will get it completed tonight and can't wait to show you the latest BB-8 facelift.

Being that this was my first time and lighting makes no sense to me (a little more now) if I had paid myself labor for doing this 13 prolly could've done it 5 times and way better.

It was fun. There will be more lighting projects in my future, but not anytime soon lol. Respect for the amount of detail and work that goes into this stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Got a little something for the Juke to help keep her clean.
Cleaned those rims soooo good the paint came right off ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just completed my first retrofit building experience by reproducing a beautiful @13r1an original gator light following @MyHtc10's tragic deJukification.

Basically one side was good the other was pretty well smashed up, so I received the remaining functional guts and replacement parts as well as burchered the donor factory gator for the housing and reflectors.

I will stick to my day job but I gotta be honest I am pretty damn proud of how close I got it to the reference gator.

Have had to come back to this project a few times over the past week or so but am thinking I will get it completed tonight and can't wait to show you the latest BB-8 facelift.

Being that this was my first time and lighting makes no sense to me (a little more now) if I had paid myself labor for doing this 13 prolly could've done it 5 times and way better.

It was fun. There will be more lighting projects in my future, but not anytime soon lol. Respect for the amount of detail and work that goes into this stuff.
Since you've got your frontend totally apart (wish I could, no garage :( ) measure END TO END the FMIC fittings. Please and thanks. I think my mockup is at 32 or something like that... I'm lazy and don't want to go down 2 flights of stairs to check. Ya, 2 storey house, finished basement NO GARAGE!!!!! Gar.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Since you've got your frontend totally apart (wish I could, no garage :( ) measure END TO END the FMIC fittings. Please and thanks. I think my mockup is at 32 or something like that... I'm lazy and don't want to go down 2 flights of stairs to check. Ya, 2 storey house, finished basement NO GARAGE!!!!! Gar.
Do you need an intercooler? Or are you just looking into something to call you're own?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
On this pick where is it that you want me to touch it...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts

My Nissan touch-up paint crap a couple of pinhole sized chips in my pearl white (with black primer underneath) turned in to a nightmare I'm still working on. Have had to sand the spots bare (almost) and since NOBODY except Nissan sells QAB paint (only in the non-colour matched tube) I have to improvise so Toyota white pearl is my only option. F'ing Nissan!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I gotta say, If I was to remove my front crash bar/bumper and replace it with a metal pipe. I much prefer Turbo_noob vs Juckler's. Sorry bud lol

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
On this pick where is it that you want me to touch it...lol
showme.jpg

Weird, but your picture showed up in juklears pictures but don't care cuz you're a Milwaukee M12 guy ;)
Do you need an intercooler? Or are you just looking into something to call you're own?
Well, since the forum upgraded I can't do a per-person topic start and I have an entire FMIC setup sitting in my basement with my 'brand' on the front of it (sludgerunny) but hey, I've only been on forums and using computer for 35 years but I don't know how to search...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
View attachment 188246
Weird, but your picture showed up in juklears pictures but don't care cuz you're a Milwaukee M12 guy ;)

Well, since the forum upgraded I can't do a per-person topic start and I have an entire FMIC setup sitting in my basement with my 'brand' on the front of it (sludgerunny) but hey, I've only been on forums and using computer for 35 years but I don't know how to search...
M12 for lyfe! 😆 and based on you sketch its 31 inches @ 3.5 inch thickness and 35 if its 2.5 inches thick but thats my bar with oem I hade a real hard time getting anything over 2.5 behind the bar and if you hang it low you can get 3.75 clearance by removing grille

3501 - 3520 of 3570 Posts