Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3401 - 3417 of 3417 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great job man! I need to do this so bad. The previous owner clearly had no idea how to properly take care of paint. Which is half the reason I got the car for what I paid so I can’t be mad.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great job man! I need to do this so bad. The previous owner clearly had no idea how to properly take care of paint. Which is half the reason I got the car for what I paid so I can’t be mad.
whats the main damage on the paint? just badly oxidation or swirls, random light scratch?
as long as its not clearcoat failure to the bad stage, it still can be save.
i'm not detailer anyway, just purely love my car and had enough paying other to work on my car...
actually u cant go wrong with random orbit polisher, other than rupes, there're some other famous brand like flex, porter cable, orsen, they seems cheaper than rupes, as rupes selling quite expensive here.

d reason i choose rupes becoz its simple enough to get started for newbie, 've go thru quite alots of review,
endup rupes is the most stable and least vibrating machine among all. and proven. this is the first time i go thru whole car with polisher, after had a basic short 2 hrs course with rupes dealer.

but i will suggest to get the 12orbit than 15. altho 15 is the common 1...
our juke simply had too much curve and concave!!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Wax on, wax off, Minty!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but you missed a spot on the right one! :D

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
2 weeks ago my ac compressor seized up. never seen so much smoke come from under the hood.
heads up guys: ac compressors for our cars are expensive.
especially since to do the job right you'll need to replace the evaporator, condenser, expansion valve, and all the lil o-rings.
just make sure that your expansion valve has the damn hole in the right place, otherwise you'll break that ac line forcing it in.
and that ain't cheap either.... and sucks to replace.... especially for the second time. doh.
I'm at about 146k miles.

I'd imagine a ~2k job done by a mechanic, parts and labor. Personally, for me, everything was super easy except that expansion valve, that's a damn knuckle buster behind the heat shield on the firewall.

Either way. as of 1 week ago I have AC again. yay.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
2 weeks ago my ac compressor seized up. never seen so much smoke come from under the hood.
heads up guys: ac compressors for our cars are expensive.
especially since to do the job right you'll need to replace the evaporator, condenser, expansion valve, and all the lil o-rings.
just make sure that your expansion valve has the damn hole in the right place, otherwise you'll break that ac line forcing it in.
and that ain't cheap either.... and sucks to replace.... especially for the second time. doh.
I'm at about 146k miles.

I'd imagine a ~2k job done by a mechanic, parts and labor. Personally, for me, everything was super easy except that expansion valve, that's a damn knuckle buster behind the heat shield on the firewall.

Either way. as of 1 week ago I have AC again. yay.
Oh Jeez. You packed on the miles. Still sucks that she broke.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I drive to my camping spots. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Replaced the brakes with Powerstop calipers, cross drilled/slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines and ceramic pads
Drilled rotors.... :rolleyes: spend more for less material technically but more labor and they serve no purpose these days...
Yup, EE gets it bang on.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I didnt drive mine. Its under a battery trickle charger and quarantine.

3401 - 3417 of 3417 Posts