Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

3321 - 3340 of 3359 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wrapped the hood today and reset the eyelids after using some scrap vinyl to seal the edges and prevent the light bleed that was bothering me all week. Really like this look and I'm now positive that the carbon fiber hood would have been a step too far. I'll stick with Carbon Fiber for trim pieces, and for the mirrors I'm trying to decide between the Impul and the Nismo version.

I used 3M 1080 Matte Black. Application took around 90 minutes with my wife as the second pair of hands.

View attachment 187245 View attachment 187246
That looks sharp. Well done. That's my next project after I talk to 13 about a small little project that I want done.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Since MrHTC there is being so kind to offer his assistance to destroy my Juke and is aware of my current status, I will post publicly the update:

Compression test was a success, only a 10psi variance among cylinders, so acceptable spec. Oddly, one of the insulators on a spark plug was completely missing, so there was a moment in time when a piece of ceramic took a heroic journey through my engine, turbo, and out the tailpipe. So I replaced all my spark plugs. To say it runs better would be unreasonable hopeful speak. Current gameplan is to source an oem boost control solenoid plug so I can go back to an OEM boost control solenoid (currently running off wastegate on 2J tune) and go find myself a local tuner again to try and wrangle this crazy engine.

The current day update is I need to get used to my new steering wheel. I greatly appreciate not feeling corroded worn away vinyl, but the flat bottom is gonna take a bit to get used to. Apparently I turn a lot and keep gripping air that used to be steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Wow. Lost an insulator. That aint good.

She will get there.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
lol I had a bit of a reality check as to how difficult it's gonna be to source an OEM plug for the boost control solenoid.... Apparently the engines sell out of the Jukes in the JY immediately, and they just chop the whole wire harness and it goes as an entire unit. Hmmmmm. This is gonna be a November project.

Meanwhile. Feedback on a flat bottomed steering wheel: definitely sucks when you're used to driving with your knee on cruise control watching a movie on the highway. Fun when driving 'sporty' though.... meh, I'll adapt.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Man your whip is looking so awesome. Looks like a high end car sitting on the concourse at Pebble Beach with those last few facial tunes you've made. Just found a new way to use facetune (probably not). You're welcome, Internet.

Wrapped the hood today and reset the eyelids after using some scrap vinyl to seal the edges and prevent the light bleed that was bothering me all week. Really like this look and I'm now positive that the carbon fiber hood would have been a step too far. I'll stick with Carbon Fiber for trim pieces, and for the mirrors I'm trying to decide between the Impul and the Nismo version.

I used 3M 1080 Matte Black. Application took around 90 minutes with my wife as the second pair of hands.

View attachment 187245 View attachment 187246

·
Registered
73 Posts
Man your whip is looking so awesome. Looks like a high end car sitting on the concourse at Pebble Beach with those last few facial tunes you've made. Just found a new way to use facetune (probably not). You're welcome, Internet.
Thanks! Now that I'm into the swing of things my parts and visuals are starting to come together the way I imagined when I first laid eyes on this little animal. I'll hit two years on Halloween. Also, mucho props to you and that armrest you sent, sitting in HTX traffic is a bit more bearable!

As for what I've done today, I use some more of the CF wrap (Vvivid True R) to wrap the taillight covers. I'll get them on tomorrow and drive a week to see how I feel about them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New fog lights/bulbs and new transmission filter. Considering going inline filter after the transmission coolers cause I drive about 30k a year and that little filter is a pain to swap.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks carbon fiber wrap is tacky? No pun intended. I mean really, You can spot that a MILE away. I don't care how good a wrap or paint or cover whatever, it isn't a carbon fiber hood or bumper or gas filler cover. All you do by adding a wrap is add weight rather than real carbon that would reduce weight (both marginally) but come on... I see WRX dudes flying around with the 'hood' done and I know it's plastidip or a wrap - mind you, every WRX for some reason has the exact same exhaust. Can tell it's one from 2 miles away but they are all the same...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Changed all 4 wheels with summer tires to 4 others with winter tires. The white stuff is coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Changed all 4 wheels with summer tires to 4 others with winter tires. The white stuff is coming soon.
Yeah it might be a bad year. Or good year if you like snow.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Hey Mac! You know the difference between a tire and 365 blowjobs? One's a Goodyear and one's a GREAT year!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Mac! You know the difference between a tire and 365 blowjobs? One's a Goodyear and one's a GREAT year!
wow I must be tired, I kinda half-read that and all my brain latched onto was "man, 365 sounds like a really wide tire"

Yesterday after work, I took my Juke to my Nissan tech friend and pretty much got everything possible done all at once. I finally got my CVT cooler installed along with my 2J lightweight pulley, CVT fluid change, oil change, coolant, and an air filter. It also took us 5 hours because we pinched the O ring on the cooler and had to re-install it, luckily the kit comes with a new one anyway.
I also got a chance to (kinda) look at the engine mount on the transmission side, and I was able to ask some of the other techs what the best way to go about an engine cradle drop/ subframe lift, so I've got a better idea on how to tackle that.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
wow I must be tired, I kinda half-read that and all my brain latched onto was "man, 365 sounds like a really wide tire"

Yesterday after work, I took my Juke to my Nissan tech friend and pretty much got everything possible done all at once. I finally got my CVT cooler installed along with my 2J lightweight pulley, CVT fluid change, oil change, coolant, and an air filter. It also took us 5 hours because we pinched the O ring on the cooler and had to re-install it, luckily the kit comes with a new one anyway.
I also got a chance to (kinda) look at the engine mount on the transmission side, and I was able to ask some of the other techs what the best way to go about an engine cradle drop/ subframe lift, so I've got a better idea on how to tackle that.
How does she run ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks carbon fiber wrap is tacky? No pun intended. I mean really, You can spot that a MILE away. I don't care how good a wrap or paint or cover whatever, it isn't a carbon fiber hood or bumper or gas filler cover. All you do by adding a wrap is add weight rather than real carbon that would reduce weight (both marginally) but come on... I see WRX dudes flying around with the 'hood' done and I know it's plastidip or a wrap - mind you, every WRX for some reason has the exact same exhaust. Can tell it's one from 2 miles away but they are all the same...
I dont agree with wrapping the hood or roof, but I think trim pieces and things like mirrors arent that big of a deal. Also, Wrap is a great way to find out appearance you like on the cheap. If I had spent 600 bucks on the Seibon Hood, I wouldnt have liked it. Not only is there like ZERO weight savings, fitment is a lottery draw and you're not easily returning it. Instead, 60 bucks on some wrap, and $500 plus left to go towards FMIC and piping.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How does she run ?
It's very very smooth. especially with the lightweight pulley. I remember what pboglio said on his build about not having as much low end torque and I kind of understand what he meant now. On the stock pulley from a dead stop I feel like it built up a bit of torque and had more of a 'launch' feel as the engine speed caught up, whereas with the lightweight pulley there is less hesitation and the engine speed ramp is more linear. I'm sure it's a change that's overall better, but I do miss that distinct and very specific acceleration quirk that I'm used to. In fact it's so smooth and linear that it's totally boring to drive now, so I threw my upper Manny mount back in to fix it.

I might finally have to do some horsepower mods to make it less boring

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
OH Noes. Here he goes. LOL

Down the rabbit hole. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the refresh tail lights. Been wanting them for awhile. Needs a bath still lol IMG_20191109_113449.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I like em a lot better than the other ones.

3321 - 3340 of 3359 Posts