Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Nismo RS is leaking boost. I have sealed up the few things that were leaking- 2 intercooler pipes and the BOV at the pipe flange. Now I've got 1 big leak left. I cannot find it. I hear it. I sprayed the area I hear it with soapy water and it is not making bubbles because it is shooting out like crazy! I thought it was leaking around the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump, but on closer inspection it is shooting the soapy water towards it. I cannot see where it is coming from as the wire harness and some other things are blocking my sight and I cannot move them at all to see anything. Can the rocker cover leak boost? If so, I thought it would leak oil as well...no oil leaks at all. I've exhausted everything I know to do. I've Googled it. I've talked to my local shop over the phone. I thought someone on here might have had the same problem. I do have a FMIC, aftermarket piping, custom downpipe, and a tune. I'm boosting at 16lbs. Nothing too crazy yet.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
Pics and video's will help.

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts
The valve cover does not leak boost. If the , then you’ve got a more serious issue and boost is getting past your PCV valve (it’s stuck open) or worst case boost is leaking past piston rings or valve guides and into the crankcase or valve train. There are a number of hoses that pass around the HPFP which carry vacuum or boost. You may have a split hose in that area.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The valve cover does not leak boost. If the , then you’ve got a more serious issue and boost is getting past your PCV valve (it’s stuck open) or worst case boost is leaking past piston rings or valve guides and into the crankcase or valve train. There are a number of hoses that pass around the HPFP which carry vacuum or boost. You may have a split hose in that area.
Thank you. I will look closer into that.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did change the PCV valve about a month ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts