Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the complaints I have heard from a few folks in terms of styling on the Juke is gap between the top of the tires and the wheel well. (Is this called 'tire gap?' or am I inventing the phrase?)

Whenever I read someone else making the observation I remember the first time I saw the car thinking how I *LOVED* the style of the car but that gap (or maybe it was the smallish looking wheels?) gave the car a bit of a 'matchbox car' look..

So.. I was wondering is someone more expert into customizing and modifying cars could give me a brief lesson/suggestion on what one could do to the Juke to reduce the 'tire gap'.

I suspect you could lower the suspension or put different tires (bigger rims on bigger tires?) but to be honest I don't know the first thing about this kind of thing so I kinda feel ridiculous even guessing...

I do know that I can't afford to do something that is going to cost a crazy amount of money... nor do I want to do anything that is going to complicate maintenance or cause mechanical issues or do anything funky to the warranty or odometer (bigger wheels = different rotation?).

Any advice or suggestions are helpful and MUCH appreciated?

Anyone else out there looking for some ways to reduce the gap and have it looking even more sporty?

- Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh... that component of a suspension isn't general enough that you need to get a specific part for a specific suspension?

I've read in quite a few posts that the Juke shares some parts/mounts/etc. with the Nissan Versa. I'm not sure if that's a car you would lower or if enough of the variables are similar (standard height, weight, etc.) but perhaps you could replace the springs in the Juke with Versa lowering springs?

Would lowering the car a bit (nothing extreme) void the warranty of the car?

Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lowering springs will most likely wear out the shocks/struts quicker. Thus voiding the warranty on your struts/shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
what's wrong with the "tire gap?" It looks fine to me--part of the mini-SUV raised stance (confused)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I kinda like the ride height and wheel gap, aswell. It adds to the "what-is-it" mini-SUV/lifted hatch, unique look of the vehicle.

Mind you, my comments about the Versa parts in the other thread are purely speculation. That said, I'm sure specific lowering springs will be available within a year, but don't be surprised if they're the same part numbers as the Versa kits.

The other option is larger wheels and/or tires. But, like you said, a change in diameter will result in discrepancies in speedo accuracy (larger = you will be going faster than the speedo is reading). Bare in mind, if you do go with larger diameter wheels/tires, you will also raise the car by the difference in overall radius.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with a sales guy and he said he'd bet money that Nissan will come out with a NISMO package/edition for the car... At which point there would likely be some approved Nissan parts to modify the stance/ride of the car...

Anyone familiar with nismo?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's a link to the Nismo parts page on the Nissan USA site:

NISMO Performace Parts & Accessories - Subsection | Nissan USA

Nismo (formerly Nissan Motorsports) is Nissan's in-house performance wing (Like Ford SVT, Mercedes AMG). If you click on the older Sentra, the parts available for it should give you an idea of what may be available for the Juke in the future. The Nismo "S-tune" parts are warranty compliant, whereas, the "R-tune" parts void the warranty and are considered "track use only."

·
Registered
221 Posts

So.. I was wondering is someone more expert into customizing and modifying cars could give me a brief lesson/suggestion on what one could do to the Juke to reduce the 'tire gap'.
Any advice or suggestions are helpful and MUCH appreciated?

Anyone else out there looking for some ways to reduce the gap and have it looking even more sporty?

- Chris

If anyone is likely to have (or soon to have) what you are looking for it's Tein.

TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more

I have used their springs and loved the result. Just a small drop (about 1.5 inch) and still fantastic ride comfort.

·
Registered
25 Posts
springs are a waste of money...in my opinion. Get coilovers (once they are released) and this way you can customize the exact look you want. If that slammed and dragging your front on the ground or if you really wanted you could raise it for a more aggressive stance. :D

either way invest in another $400 and get quality coilovers over springs. Plus this will void your warranty, not because they wear out quickly (if anythign they are better quality than your stock suspension set up) but because its "aftermarket".

this si what I would do if I were to lower it...put some takata green Volk te37 offroads on there!! haha prob 18 or 19x9.5 +22

·
Registered
248 Posts
So.. I was wondering is someone more expert into customizing and modifying cars could give me a brief lesson/suggestion...

I do know that I can't afford to do something that is going to cost a crazy amount of money...

+

I kid, I kid. But I do remember when people used to do this :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
My thoughts:

A) get a black juke
B) if you already have your juke and it's not black, paint the black trim around the wheel to match the body color. That should reduce the appearance of the gap.

In my opinion, the juke has no business being lowered

·
Registered
393 Posts
more like this?

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Personally, I would go for bigger tires.
You'll get a bit more ground clearance and fill the gap in one swoop.
There's plenty of room in the fenderwell. one inch larger will fit no problem, two inches may rub on full turns, but it would look agressive as hell.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Personally, I would go for bigger tires.
You'll get a bit more ground clearance and fill the gap in one swoop.
There's plenty of room in the fenderwell. one inch larger will fit no problem, two inches may rub on full turns, but it would look agressive as hell.
Lower is better, I want less ground clearance cause I want it laid out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts