Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through a car wash yesterday in my 2011 Nissan Juke. A waterfall was coming in from above my brake pedal to create a little lake at mu feet. They are telling me it might be from a windshield replaced 7 months ago. I had windshield person come out and said absolutely not. Now I'm driving to A different glass specialty place to prove it may or may not be the seal on my windshield. If I get a second written opinion that it is not then I will take that back to Nissan to trouble shoot again.
Unfortunately now my electrical has gone haywire from being wet.. I feel that I will have problems the life of the car with my electrical because there was so much water flowing through. As I drive my cruise lights, break lights and key alerts are flashing like crazy.
Brenda

·
Registered
767 Posts
Best bet is first to stop driving it if you can then dry the drivers side out with a high speed fan for at least a couple days. Disconnect the negative battery cable if you can as well it'll prevent further electronic damage. Electronics sometimes have a habit of bouncing back when they totally dry out. Kind alike when you drop a cellphone in the toilet then use a bag of rice to bring it back to life. If you Don't get anywhere with the glass guys or tech at Nissan. Wait till it rains then put in a claim with your insurance. Hope it all turns out good for yea!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Search the forums.. There was a previous member on here with the exact same problem. She ended up getting a replacement car if I recall correctly.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I went through a car wash yesterday in my 2011 Nissan Juke. A waterfall was coming in from above my brake pedal to create a little lake at mu feet. They are telling me it might be from a windshield replaced 7 months ago. I had windshield person come out and said absolutely not. Now I'm driving to A different glass specialty place to prove it may or may not be the seal on my windshield. If I get a second written opinion that it is not then I will take that back to Nissan to trouble shoot again.
Unfortunately now my electrical has gone haywire from being wet.. I feel that I will have problems the life of the car with my electrical because there was so much water flowing through. As I drive my cruise lights, break lights and key alerts are flashing like crazy.
Brenda

That's not good. Keep us updated on what the cause it.

There was also a TSB on some sort of Sunroof seal replacement whenever people took their Jukes to the car wash.
Something to do with the high pressure water blowing past the seals and causing the sunroof drain tubes to clog/over flow into the interior of the vehicle. Driver and Driver rear seem to be the areas that were soaked.

Ask about NTB12-079 Water Leaking past Sunroof Seal

Here is the story Jersey Devil mentioned.

Nissan Juke leaking water from all sorts of places

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same issue, i'm trying to figured out now. My car has never been in any accidents nor had windshield replaced.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I have the same issue, i'm trying to figured out now. My car has never been in any accidents nor had windshield replaced.
There is a caulk seal near the driver side wiper pivot. It has been reported before that a leak and happen there. Its under the black plastic cowl cover.

You might have a build up of leaves under there as well. Take off the cowl cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts