Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Recently had a snapped timing chain on a 1.6 dig-t juke which is the MR16DDT engine, had the head reconditioned, rebuilt everything. Since the rebuild the engine upon starting revs to about 100rpm then falls to almost nothing and repeats a few times before settling at 500rpm. When in the low Rev range the car will jerk slightly and put on the engine management light (check engine USA) it shows the code either p0014 or p0011 which refers to either exhaust or inlet camshaft over advancing, in the higher Rev ranges the car runs beautiful but in the lower it is drinking fuel and obviously a bit jerky. My first question is, is it possible that I got my plugs for the solenoids switched upon rebuilding as they both obviously fit each solenoid the only difference being the colour of wiring within the cable which I cannot find pics of anywhere, and one cable is longer than the other which you would assume was for the plug furthest away, does anyone have pics of cable colours or anything to indicate which is which? One of the solenoids is new and I have another one on the way to replace the other just in case that one may have gone bad but seems unlikely as it’s throwing codes for both camshafts. The only other thing it could be is timing being of which I am doubtful of as the timing was all set up the way the manual said with all timing marks aligned etc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Intake VVT plug is the longer plug w/silver heat shielding. The Exhaust VVT is the shorter plug. Impossible to mount them incorrectly with both plugged-in together unless you removed the mounting clip & bracket on the harness which orients thems. The P0014 and P0011 code is definitely something to do with the cam timing.

Could be the phasers are switched, not that difficult to do. They are stamped with I1 and E1 respectively.
Could also have been they removed too much material from the cylinder head surface during re-conditioning which would affect cam timing.
Or the engine timing was never set correctly from the get-go.

Your going to have to take pictures because no-one can tell from a description what you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugs are definitely in correct then, phasers we’re never taken of during rebuild. I guess it must be timing but I don’t get how it could be off when it was all set on the marks as it should be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts