1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now just waiting to see how Nissan releases this to the general public and what further details are mentioned...I launched this thread such that other members can post details and announcements as released...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now just waiting to see how Nissan releases this to the general public and what further details are mentioned...I launched this thread such that other members can post details and announcements as released...
When I briefly discussed this matter with the service manager, he related that each Juke recall will include 5 hours of labor. I would guess that the engine has to be removed but would like more information from those who know. Also, my Juke was manufactured in 08/13 and, at this time, is not included in the recall. I guess Nissan started using a different setup sometime before that date but not before the '13 year stated, as some '13's are included in the recall.

·
Registered
849 Posts
5 hours isn't much time to pull the engine do the chain and reinstall :( Well have to see the details of this. They might be having this done in chassis. I looked at it. It would be hard, but not impossible to do this with the engine still in the car. The hardest part would be getting the timing cover back on, since it only uses RTV sealant as a gasket. I was actually considering doing it in chassis myself before this. It's pretty straightforward looking at the service manual. Just very tight. Need little hands.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the further details...

I am sure Nissan already has a complete list of Juke's compiled which "qualify" for this Voluntary Recall Service Campaign ....The voluntary recall does include some 2013 Juke models as many 2013 models were built towards the end of 2012...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks to cpb1206 and to curious for finding this out and starting this new thread.

Can this recall be found online? [I looked, but just found this thread here.]

Does anyone know after what 2013 (approximate) build dates are currently "safe" from this recall?

Can someone explain what a "voluntary" recall actually means as opposed to a 'mandatory' one, if that's even the alternative.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
...Can this recall be found online? [I looked, but just found this thread here.]

Does anyone know after what 2013 (approximate) build dates are currently "safe" from this recall?

Can someone explain what a "voluntary" recall actually means as opposed to a 'mandatory' one, if that's even the alternative.
This was just released by Nissan internally today to all Dealership Service Departments.....However, you can call your Nissan Service Department directly and give them your VIN# to see if your Juke is listed on their Voluntary Service Campaign #P4213 ...

A Nissan "voluntary service campaign" is the program by which Nissan notifies the dealerships and other car repair shops of certain Nissan vehicles that will need to be checked for mechanical issues. Nissan will pay for the repair cost as well as the parts for these vehicles. It is the dealership or auto repair shops responsibility to contact the owners of these vehicles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just called; my Juke is "safe" (at present) from this recall. My build date is 6/13; the vin ID is 223505.

The guy said that even within a given build-date month, some vehicles may need this recall while others do not, as the recall is specific to the VINs.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just called; my Juke is "safe" (at present) from this recall. My build date is 6/13; the vin ID is 223505.

The guy said that even within a given build-date month, some vehicles may need this recall while others do not, as the recall is specific to the VINs.

hey thanks for the update!

And that makes sense as VIN # should allow for traceability back to a specific part revision number used during the production build...

·
Registered
940 Posts

So, if my Nismo has a mfr. date of 8/13, it could still be part of this recall?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm guessing here, but my guess is that there is a window of a month or more (?) where some Jukes with that month's build date are safe and some others are not. Before that "window", all vehicles presumably need the recall, and after it, presumably all are OK. This is why they're going by the VIN number (serial number) and not by a specific date.

So, while I actually don't know (and you should call and check and let us know), I would say that you can breathe easier than if your car was built in 10/2012 or maybe even 4/2013 (for example).

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
All I know is that this is good news so can we after this moves foward not debate the timing chain anymore lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my 2012 Juke back from the dealer. I had a timing chain that was loose and rubbed a hole in the front cover. Nissan and Landers McClarty Nissan provided excellent service. Everything was covered with no hassle, provide me a loaner and noticed that my drive belt was exposed to the oil that leaked out of the fron cover and they replaced it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wonder what this means for people who were denied a warranty or slightly out of warranty that paid out of pocket for a new engine or timing chain replacement.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wonder what this mean for people who were denied a warranty or slightly out of warranty that paid out of pocket for a new engine or timing chain replacement.
Good question but I wouldn't expect Nissan to reimburse anyone for anything. I'm still wondering what to do with all of these Genuine Nissan Oil Filters that I purchased.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine was built a month before yours.
I'm not sure I would trust too much what Nissan is disclosing. I talked with Nissan Motors Corporation a few times about possible timing chain failures and they were very evasive. When I discussed it with the dealerships they said they never heard of any problems with Jukes and that they were a fine automobile. So, now that Nissan is recalling some Jukes, about 96000, I'm not sure that just because a certain Juke doesn't fall into the category of the recall that it's okay. The recalled Jukes will be receiving multiple components of the timing chain. I'm not sure that the excluded Jukes have all of those components.

·
Super Moderator
6,373 Posts
Good question but I wouldn't expect Nissan to reimburse anyone for anything. I'm still wondering what to do with all of these Genuine Nissan Oil Filters that I purchased.
I feel Nissan will reimburse those people.

Sell the the oil filters to me. I'll use OEM before I ever use aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 414 Posts