Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting complaints from people who can't understand you during hands-free calls?
Everyone says that my voice is tough to understand, but switching to talk directly on my iPhone or using my Jawbone headset solves the problem. Is the cabin mic that bad? Can it be replaced with a better one?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I find that it 'depends'. sometimes the person on the other end says I sound like i'm in a can while other times it's a normal call.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Mine has always worked great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the non-nav radio, and I find the quality on both sides to be really good. No one has ever told me they couldn't understand me, and in fact I've had a few people act surprised when they found out I was on my car hands-free. (I have an iPhone 4.)

The quality of the caller's voice varies a bit, mostly depending on whether my phone is in my left pants pocket or sitting on the little thing-holder pad in front of the gearshift. This jives with my experience with a bluetooth headset. I wonder if some of the BT issues people have are due to reception? Bluetooth voice quality seems to degrade with poor connection quality in my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I've had my car for over a year now and it is one of the best features. I've never had a complaint and I use it at least 5 days a week. Could you try another phone (friend, mate, etc..) and see if the problem is still there? If so, then I would say yours is defective and have the dealer take care of it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
When I had the original nav radio, I didn't have any complaints on either end. Now I have a Pioneer x930bt and put the microphone on the steering column. Again, no complaints. I tested both systems with my mother who usually complains and she didn't have a problem with either. I have an iphone 4.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the non-nav radio, and I find the quality on both sides to be really good. No one has ever told me they couldn't understand me, and in fact I've had a few people act surprised when they found out I was on my car hands-free. (I have an iPhone 4.)

The quality of the caller's voice varies a bit, mostly depending on whether my phone is in my left pants pocket or sitting on the little thing-holder pad in front of the gearshift. This jives with my experience with a bluetooth headset. I wonder if some of the BT issues people have are due to reception? Bluetooth voice quality seems to degrade with poor connection quality in my experience.
Interesting. I also have the non-Nav radio. But my phone (iPhone 3g) is always in my pocket. I'll try tossing it up on the dash and see if it does make a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My name’s Lily and I’m the Social Media Community Manager for Nissan GB. We’re sorry to hear about your problems with voice quality during calls. We suggest you either take it into the dealership or fill in this form and someone will get in touch with you from our Customer Service team as soon as possible. You can send it to: [email protected].
Best of luck and let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.
Best,
Lily

Title:
First Name:
Last Name:
Full Address:
Email Address:
Daytime Phone Number:
Evening Phone Number:
Mobile Phone Number:
VIN/Chassis Number:
Registration Number:
Model:
Mileage:
Dealer Name:
Dealer location:
Dealer Staff Member:
Please provide full details of your complaint:

·
Registered
6 Posts
All I get is complaints from using it. From the sound is muffled, garbled to just basic horrible sound quality on both ends. So I invested in a Jawbone instead.
I've taken it to the dealer multiple times, not just for the hands free but regular maintenance as well, and have written Nissan. I get no reply from Nissan and the dealer says that it is as good as it will get and nothing I can do.

Little update... After getting it back from having the recall done Saturday, the dealer said that they have talked to Nissan engineers and they recommend not calling cell phones when using the car hands free option. Think it is the other cell phones being called that do not have good reception. But since I have complained about it every time I come in, it is a problem for me. Said they will replace the mic if I would like but confident the problem will still be there.
So, to me, I got fed a little BS but in the end, they will replace the mic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else getting complaints from people who can't understand you during hands-free calls?
Everyone says that my voice is tough to understand, but switching to talk directly on my iPhone or using my Jawbone headset solves the problem. Is the cabin mic that bad? Can it be replaced with a better one?
I am having the same problem with my iphone!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
SO you have a different phone ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts