Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So for folks who have a Juke, how do you like the voice control of it?

What I love is that receiving calls is super simple, and when the call is connected, the audio is nice and clear, and the person on the other side doesn't seem to notice I'm on a speakerphone. It also transitions the call from the phone earpiece to the car stereo seemlessly when you get in the car. Very nice...

BUT

In mine I have two major gripes with it:

1) Calling someone in your address book takes FOREVER. The voice prompts are all very lengthy and you can't make it do anything without waiting for it to finish it's spiel.

The fastest route to make a call right now seems to be:
  • Press Call
  • Say PhoneBook
  • Say Name
  • Confirm Number

...but the Juke can't seem to differentiate names very well at all. On 3 occasions now it's picked the wrong name and I have to go through the process of correcting it.

Going into manual mode doesn't seem to fix the problem of speed, as you have to navigate your contacts one at a time, very very very slowly.

Has anyone got a method that makes more sense? This seems pretty rough to be honest. The owner's manual doesn't seem to offer any suggestions to speed this up.

2) I can't use the Nav while I'm on a call. The only bone the system throws you is that it'll show you the direction you need to go and when that move is coming up when it's close...but you can't have the map open while you're on a call.

This is extremely frustrating, as the Nav itself doesn't let you know what move is coming up until you're close enough to the move...so I can't anticipate when I'm going to have to make my next move very easily.

I either need to see more information on that screen, or ideally, would be able to take the call in the background as I'm on the map screen.

Anyone else having the same issues or potential solutions?

Update: According to the manual, you can press the voice button at any time when the instructions are being read to immediately say the command. That should help speed things up a little bit, but that doesn't totally fix either gripe I have.

Update #2: You can also train the voice recognition it seems, so I'll do that and see if that improves the accuracy a bit more...

With these two updates, Gripe 1 at least seems to be a bit more reasonable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i bought my juke on tuesday and i love it. but this problem is so horrible. why would they make a gps where you can't use it on a phone call. you cannot even get to a menu to view the next direction. it is basically unusable during phone call mode. so upset over this.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
By all accounts it's a decent nav system for the price, but it's still a budget system. Frankly, I'm not sure any vehicle right now has a perfect system for this stuff. At least the Juke's system is card based so it should be easy to update.

Could it depend on your particular phone, too?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I didn't get the GPS, but I really like the call quality of the bluetooth. They can't even tell I am speaking through my car; as opposed to the "awesome" Sync system in the Fiesta. When I tried that, you and the person you called could both tell something was going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts