Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere and didn't see it in my owners manual. Should I really be getting these adjusted every 60K miles?

The Nissan MR16DDT is reliable and durable. The engine has a timing chain, their service life is about 150,000 miles of mileage (200,000-250,000 km). The valve clearance needs to be adjusted every 60,000 miles of mileage (90,000 km).

Boost sensor and flow meter cleaning every 25K - 30K miles

Can't seem to find the YouTube video anymore but it was a European guy going over the pro and cons of the MR16DDT.

· Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
Boost sensor is in the lower charge pipe between the throttle body and intercooler. Flow meter is the MAF (mass air flow) sensor and is in the intake pipe before the turbo compressor inlet.

· Registered
16 Posts
Where did you get the information that you need to clean? what i believe in.😅
Boost sensor is in the lower charge pipe between the throttle body and intercooler. Flow meter is the MAF (mass air flow) sensor and is in the intake pipe before the turbo compressor inlet.
Where did you get the information that you need to clean? Ps. i believe in.😅

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
The MAF can be cleaned with MAF cleaner. Any Youtube video will apply here.

A bad PCV will burn some oil.

I am not sure if you can clean the boost solenoid. Yes Turbo Blow by oil can ruin them Just get a new one.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
Its mounted to the pipe that comes off the turbo. It has an electrical connector and vacuum lines going to it.

· Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
That is your boost control solenoid. Cleaning it won’t do much. It is not a sensor. It just controls the wastegate in the turbo.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts