Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the correct place to post this question, I've lurked the forums for awhile but this is my first post. Really quick, I want to thank you all for the great info that is within this forum it sure has helped a lot.

Now to the reason I'm posting.... I am curious to see if anybody has installed or used the UpRev MAF GT in the juke or if anybody would happen to know if it will work. From my research I've found that it mounts the exact same and I believe it has the same connecter. I do understand that it will have to be UpRev tuned which my RS already has. If anybody could provide any additional info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your time.

·
Super Moderator
2,051 Posts
if I remember, the UpRev MAF has a larger scaled range than the stock. Yes you are tuned, but you might have to get re-tuned after installing the new MAF because the tune doesn't know you changed the MAF and the scaling would be different. Same voltage correlates to a different flow rate and the reverse is also true, same flow rate correlates to a different voltage.

You'd have to do some pretty specific search term searching here on the forums but I remember a few guys talking about the stock MAF and the fact it already has a pretty wide range for the power the Juke is capable of producing. If you're going for stupid crazy high power output, then yeah, you might need to change the MAF, but for the general tune, the stock MAF works just fine.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've been here 8+ years and never heard of that product.

I looked it up and realized why... It's a maf for naturally aspirated nissans (350/370/g35/g37/etc.) when you add forced induction (turbo or supercharger). It allows for higher air flow readings on those vehicles.

The juke maf does not need to be upgraded with anything like this. It's already a turbo vehicle and the maf will function fine unless you are going full-on racecar with like 30-40 psi boost (which hasn't ever happened).

Skip it, it's not for the juke.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply, that makes sense. Was just curious as a possible upgrade in the future once I go big turbo.

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
Well once you tune. The MAF is scaled higher to account for the increased airflow. It has limited "resolution" and the tuner needs to use some tuning tricks to account for the lack of "volts" to measure the airflow. SO if there is a MAF out there that will woirk better in a tuned Juke application. That would work for me bc atm it is "Patched" according to my tuner.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well once you tune. The MAF is scaled higher to account for the increased airflow. It has limited "resolution" and the tuner needs to use some tuning tricks to account for the lack of "volts" to measure the airflow. SO if there is a MAF out there that will woirk better in a tuned Juke application. That would work for me bc atm it is "Patched" according to my tuner.
I'm at about the same whp as you Mac and am in Cali running on 91 knoctane and my tuner is saying the car could go more boost be needs either a bigger intake or better MAF. I was going to go bigger turbo but already have the 21TK. I'm thinking about purchasing this MAF since I believe it will work just would need to be re-tuned right after install. Would just be nice knowing that there is a working upgrade option for us in the Juke community. Wouldn't it be better to not maxing out the stock MAF and running one that has more potential while keeping it in a safer operating range?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
We run a hotwire MAF. Basically you are putting the stock hotwire MAF into a bigger pipe. UpRev or ECUTek reflash then allows rescaling of the MAF voltage to coincide with the correct airflow for the amount of throttle, psi, rpms, & fuel A/F that you are commanding. Otherwise, it's going to run lean. This is all done to simply extend the 5 Volts to a higher flow range, which is what I think you want.

This can only be done on a dyno, as the bigger MAF will now not be quite as linear, especially on the lower flow ranges. The computer is going to apply fuel trim to get the actual A/F ratio to the commanded. On a good fuel system, a properly rescaled MAF will then bring fuel trim to +0%, giving you the full fuel trim range for what it's intended for.

Guys here have typically run a bigger MAF pipe, then rescaled basically via UpRev or ECUTEk.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys here have typically run a bigger MAF pipe, then rescaled basically via UpRev or ECUTEk.
Are what you meaning by the MAF pipe, is that the small section before and after the actual MAF or the full complete CAI or SRI?

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
The MAF pipe is the small pipe that is what you stated. It is a known diameter that Nissan uses to have metered air there.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yep, the metered section. Not all pipes flow the same in this reduced section of pipe. The bends and distance before this metered section can tumble the flow going into the Hotwire sensor. Even the orientation of the bend has an affect. That’s why these are done in a dyno...cause not all the CAI are the same. Even the pulse tuning of an aftermarket pipe is much different than the factory intake. This is why guys get funky idle readings and stumbles on an aftermarket intake.

But yes, this short reduced pipe is what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, thank you guys for all the input it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Im tuned at 26psi with stock MAF and all is well. My boost gauge reads 26psi as well

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, how's it running? Curious on how the mr16ddt handles the boost that high over a period of time.

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
Yes, how's it running? Curious on how the mr16ddt handles the boost that high over a period of time.
Yeah my max boost is about 22psi and I make decent power. I always wanted to turn it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts