Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
We had a back to stock flash brick an ecu. We called them, they responded with "Oh, yea, sometimes windows 11 computers don't completely do the flash. So. That's yet another different thing they have told us. We have completely switched to EcuTek.
Whats the status on their attempt to fix the bricked ECU ?

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They claimed it was fine when they got it, but to be safe they reflashed it anyway....which is bs in my eyes. Why would you spend the time and labor reflashing something that you claim does not have an issue, it makes no sense.

I sent it to them with a next day usps label in the box to get it back. They called me and asked to confirm my address to ship it back. When I told the guy there was a $60 label in the box he said he didn't see it...i heard him rummage around and he found it.

So. If they shipped it out today (doubtful) I will have it tomorrow so we can finally tune this damned car.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
Incompetent. Holy crap.

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
We are now 4 days out from when they where sending it back. And it still has not shipped out. Even with a provided label.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
We are now 4 days out from when they where sending it back. And it still has not shipped out. Even with a provided label.
Unreal. Well then again. Maybe they didnt fix it. Just gonna sit on it.

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Day 5 no movement. If I pulled this stuff with a customers $1400 part i would have my head chewed off.

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
To be fair though, post office was closed 11/11 and closed today 11/13. Though if you had a prepaid next day label, it technically should have been delivered 11/12. If they didn’t get it into the system before last pickup on 11/10 though, it very well could have sat in route and will be delivered Monday 11/14.

Regardless, this makes me very wary to touch my tune or even when it comes time to flash back to stock I’m scared. Thankfully the computer that has UpRev on it hasn’t been turned on in probably close to a year so hopefully if I don’t update UpRev or let it connect to the internet, maybe I’ll be ok?

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
They called and emailed me 10am their time on Wednesday. Told me it would be shipped out. That gave them the rest of the day Wednesday and All day Thursday to ship it out. Yes post office was closed Friday, but other dispatch offices still took packages and even started processing, such as Staples. I ship out my packages through a third party specifically to avoid Holiday delays on tracking processing, so customers know the part has left. I called my rep at USPS Saturday and had them run the tracking. It has not even been accepted anywhere yet.

Uprev will not even run unless it connects to the internet first. The updater is automatic, and required to connect to Uprev's servers to start the rom editor. So long as you do not flash to datalog the computer with the updated software you will not have an issue.

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
An update. They shipped it out at 9:40 PM the 14th. Because its so late the next day shipping date does not apply until the following business day, which means it did not even start moving until the 15th, which means i won't have it until either late tomorrow or the 17th.

Tracking history and date of label creation shown here:
Font Screenshot Number Electric blue Parallel

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ecu back in. EcuTek flashed. MAP scaling with ECUtek makes tuning these big power cars so much smoother. This is just rowing through the gears on a stock tune with just a scaled MAF and MAP. Dom 5.0 turbo, 3" intake, 4 BAR map sensor, Uprev GT MAF (only option sadly)

(cant insert youtube shorts so here's a lin):

·
Vendor
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
After an entire week dedicated to solving problems, we have finally gotten the software to work, minus two things: We will have to run external boost controllers to run more than 22psi, which I am not happy about, as the oem boost control system is more than capable of making more and doing it reliably, but ECUtek has told us outright that they will not allow the boost request to be any higher, even though on the Uprev software we had several ways to get past this problem.

The other issue is idle. The idle control in ECUtek does not work. I demanded 4000 rpm of idle and its stuck at stock. On a stock car, this is no big deal, but a car running a blow off valve, or a larger than stock cam NEEDS the idle bumped. I will be working on a way to get around this tomorrow. I think i can change torque demand maps to get the idle up artificially.

But here is a video of us finally getting the system working;

Again, cannot post shorts as embedded video here..

Reactions: Ausjuk33
21 - 31 of 31 Posts