Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ya'll, I'm new here. Hope I can get some advice/recommendations!

I've had a 2015 SL/AWD for like 2 years now, it comes with the nav, rockford sound system, bluetooth/aux and the backup cameras (including the birdseye view camera). I really want to upgrade the head unit, but I want to be able to keep all the features this stock one came with. Obviously, there are units that include nav, bluetooth, etc. But what I want to know is if there is one that will allow me to keep all the cameras. I know I don't need the birdseye view in the grand scheme of it all. But, you know, I just really like that feature and I'd like to keep it if at all possible.

Any help? Recommendations? Or will I have to nix the birdseye camera if I want to upgrade the head unit?

What are the best units for this car?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,778 Posts
is one that will allow me to keep all the cameras
Short answer, no.

The cameras Nissan use are different voltage and go into a sort of video "summing" box before being displayed. You might be able to re-wire or replace the backup camera, but the general rule is if you go aftermarket head unit, you lose your cameras.

Welcome to the forums. Search the audio/visual section and you'll find what headunits others have used and might recommend. This issue of the cameras as well as other control inputs such as the steering wheel controls have been discussed there.

Reactions: lilykakes

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
You can get aftermarket video summing boxes, but they usually have a layout like security cameras in quadrants. A google search might find something better than the last time this topic was mentioned (yeeeears ago).

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get aftermarket video summing boxes, but they usually have a layout like security cameras in quadrants. A google search might find something better than the last time this topic was mentioned (yeeeears ago).
Thanks for the additional info! Yeah... I've been googling about this stuff for like a year, trying to figure out what I can do. I just never know what I'm looking for or at. 😖😪

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you are mainly looking to upgrade the sound system, you could consider digital signal processors (dsp) that are meant to take the speaker level inputs from the stock unit and then clean it and do all kinds of good things to the sound, then spits it out at RCA level for amplifiers. That was the route i was going to go, but never got around to it (i don't drive my juke much).

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm not so much interested is upgrading the sound itself. I'm satisfied with that, for sure. What I'm really looking to do is upgrade the touchscreen/nav experience/bluetooth since its kinda dated with all the technology put today. But, I just want to find a unit that will incorporate everything smoothly. And the only thing I'm leadt knowledgeable about is the cameras and what I need to do for them. Sorry. I'm such a noob with this stuff! Hence my dilemma lol. I'm trying to learn!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine just hates my wife. Works fine for me, but when she drives my car, it will cut out, turn off reboot and all kind of crazy stuff. I just leave it on bluetooth and listen to Pandora, no issues. Hope you find an answer, cause that's the only reason i haven't swapped mine out.

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine just hates my wife. Works fine for me, but when she drives my car, it will cut out, turn off reboot and all kind of crazy stuff. I just leave it on bluetooth and listen to Pandora, no issues. Hope you find an answer, cause that's the only reason i haven't swapped mine out.
Yeah. I have minor issues sometimes with the bluetooth not connecting right away and stuff, or the steering wheel controls not functioning for song changes or volume. But it's usually good. I just would like to upgrade it for personal reasons. Avoiding future inevitable issues would also be nice as well lol. Just trying to learn what I can do.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Really, the 360 camera is the only thing that can't be maintained.
Steering wheel, existing sat antenna, even the mic in the headliner and oem rear camera can all be used with most aftermarket units (with a little bit of work/knowledge).
So the question comes down to losing the surround view or not.

Edit: I just did a quick google search, and although there are some new products that can do the surround view, they are all standalone units. Still no car receivers that have it built-in.

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really, the 360 camera is the only thing that can't be maintained.
Yeah, that's really what I needed confirmation on. I guess I could live without that specific feature, as long as I could still use the other cameras and everything else worked.

Edit: I just did a quick google search, and although there are some new products that can do the surround view, they are all standalone units. Still no car receivers that have it built-in.
I think that is what I was getting in my Google searches as well, before I just got fed up in my search because I don't understand it all. So basically, you've brought me to the conclusions that nothing can be done with the built in 360 cameras if I wanted to keep them specifically?

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
The 360 is nice but upgrading and adding a back up camera you would be getting a better stereo with more features and only losing out on the side and front views. Worth it imho.

·
Registered
2015 SL/AWD Gun Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 360 is nice but upgrading and adding a back up camera you would be getting a better stereo with more features and only losing out on the side and front views. Worth it imho.
Okay! Thank you for your input. I'm sad I'd lose such a cool feature. It actually helped me learn how to park better lol. But I am excited to eventually make the unit look a lot sleaker and updated.

Does anyone have any favorite aftermarket units if they changed theirs??

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
I know when I was on Crutchfield a week ago. They were sold out of a lot of head units. Covid times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts