Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am so sick of the yellow-ee halogen headlights compared to the white white WHITE Nismo DRL light emitted.

I have to do something. I find myself passing cars and judging them on their quality of headlights lol

So I contacted Lightwerkz. It is an incredibly spendy way to go... but it would be a pretty fun road trip :) http://www.lightwerkz.net

No need to travel to us, we can actually build you the lights and ship them to you. If you come on site, we need about 2 days with the car. The other option is we build for you using spare lights, and you come on site for the installation only, which takes about 1-2 hours.

The conversions start at $995 with parts and labor using the FXR system. This price does not include lights, but I can get you a price on OEM lights if you would like. Thank you

Caesar Rowinski

President

Lightwerkz Global Inc.
40 Edison Ave
Suite C
Oakland, NJ 07436

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looks like the Japanese have the OEM Xenon headlamps for their Jukes.

26060-1KL5B JDM Xenon headlamp assembly - left hand side
26010-1KL5B JDM Xenon headlamp assembly - right hand side

I got a quote of over $720 USD for each one PLUS SHIPPING to North America. Ugh

Anyone know of someone with a pair of near-mint OEM 2011-2014 headlights for sale?
I gotta get this done.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Ebay. I see them all the time for about $300 a pair.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ebay. I see them all the time for about $300 a pair.
Well I'll be... - I found them on there for $50-$80 bucks each and $189 for a pair. Thanks, Grumpy!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had my lights shipped directly to them when I bought a set off eBay. But I went with hid illusionz. They finished the retrofit and I'm currently awaiting them in the mail. I was talked out of other projectors and was told the morimoto h1 was the best bang for my buck. Cost me $530 to do the retrofit.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are BRILLIANT. SIMPLY brilliant.
If Ebay/Paypal won't be sticky with Canadian Credit Cards and billing addresses blah blah blah - I'm set!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Well, couldn't find an OEM set that wasn't used and had this type of disclaimer:
“BEWARE, THE TOP TAB AND CENTER TAB ARE MISSING, ALSO THERE IS A CRACK AT CENTER HOUSING.”

So, I contacted our forum vendor Chris Moreno from Regal Nissan, and he volunteered to personally over pack and ship a left and right OEM headlight right to Lightwerkz in New Jersey for me. $13.36 shipping from GA to NJ. This way I'm starting out with a genuine Nissan headlight and not some aftermarket TYC or Auto Crash unit. Who names their company Auto Crash, anyhow?

Lightwerkz wanted a $365 deposit, so that's paid and my job is done.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For what it's worth the retrofit that OEM HID Projector Retrofit sells and The The Retrofit Source sell is not too hard do yourself at a fraction of the cost. If you can take your bumper cover off you can do your headlights.

jstaples17

That just scares me, j. I'm already being asked questions like:

"The Juke headlight is just a basic round reflector bowl. So we need to choose shrouds. Did you want to do the OEM bulbs/ballasts? Which color did you want for the bulbs? Any painting? Halos?

We can make it look like the other one we did. That was painting, apollo 1.o shrouds, and halos."

I'm already over my head. Anyone want to chime in on how to answer these questions? (Especially the bulb color- 4300k?)

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
4300k will give you the most light output, but at certain angles, you're going to get some white/yellow lighting. A 5000k should match the DRL and it'll be pure white (no yellow), but you're going to lose some light output compared to the 4300k. And a 6000k is going to produce less light, but you'll get a blueish tint. So it's up to you if you want the max light output, or if you want a certain color to show up.

On my old Lincoln LS, I upgraded the HID bulbs to 6000k and they gave off a blue tint, but they still produced a ton of light. I never had an issue seeing at night. That was my favorite thing about the LS...how good the headlights where.

·
Registered
305 Posts
haha, no need to be scared. I built mine off the ones that Lightwerkz did originally.

H1 mini 6.0 projectors
H1 bulbs 6500k rating
Apollo Shrouds
Satin Black paint job

i chose to not use halos but wish i did. The Orion V series are the S$#t as far as halo's go.

The light output you get from the upgrade will blow your mind and its worth every penny. Like Grumpy said there is some light loss as the kelvin rating goes up but to match the DRL's you would actually need somewhere between 5500 and 6500. I am running the H11 kit on my 15' RS but will be swapping to the Maxima D2S with clear lens and 6500k.

BAM!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are A-Mazing.
So here are my bulb choices:
DS2 XB: 4500K
DS2 XB: 5500K
DS2 XB: 6500K
DS2 Philips 85122 (4300K)
DS2 Philips 85122 WX Ultinon (6000K)
DS2 Philips 85122XV C1 Extreme Vision (4800K)
DS2 Osram 66240 (4150K)
DS2 Osram 66240 CB1 (5500K)
DS2 Osram Nightbreaker (4200K)

Can someone make some sense of this? I'm so confused.
I KNEW I should have been an electrician like my Dad said ;)

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i chose to not use halos but wish i did. The Orion V series are the S$#t as far as halo's go.
j- I've asked for halos, but it looks like my only option is the XSB Switchbacks. Do you know how they compare to the Orion V - I can't find any comparisons on the Web.

PS I'm supposed to choose between 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm or 140mm. What would be optimal in our rather large housing?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
You guys are A-Mazing.
So here are my bulb choices:
DS2 XB: 4500K
DS2 XB: 5500K
DS2 XB: 6500K
DS2 Philips 85122 (4300K)
DS2 Philips 85122 WX Ultinon (6000K)
DS2 Philips 85122XV C1 Extreme Vision (4800K)
DS2 Osram 66240 (4150K)
DS2 Osram 66240 CB1 (5500K)
DS2 Osram Nightbreaker (4200K)

Can someone make some sense of this? I'm so confused.
I KNEW I should have been an electrician like my Dad said ;)
Those are the brands that they carry and what each bulb is rated. I've never heard of XB, but I've heard of Phillips and Osram. They're both OEM suppliers, so I would go with those. As to what color, that is up to you. If it was me, I would go with the Phillips 4300 because it's going to give you a lot of light output. I have horrible vision at night, so I need all the help that I can get. The downside is that it's going to give you a white/yellow light output. The 4800k will be pure white while the 6000k is going to be white/blue.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Originally Posted by Jstaples17

Just had my phone consult with Caesar, owner of Lightwerkz. They got the OEM bulbs that Chris Moreno/Regal Nissan packed up so well and they shipped in two days. Lightwerkz have already taken the lights apart and started work. They had a bit of a chuckle that an OEM Nissan headlight
had three parts made in three different countries - One French -Valeo, one Japanese -Ichiko and then there was a part made in China. That is called globally sourcing out lol

So we've narrowed things way down -

FX-R 3.0
Bi-Xenon Projectors
OEM Ballasts - D2S Matsu$hita Gen V

DS2 Osram 66240 CB1 (5500K) bulbs
Shrouds - Apollo 3.0 - kept chrome
Umnitza Orion V4 LED Ring Kit
Morimoto Bi-Xenon Harness
Blackout the main reflector

Halos - he says the XSB Switchbacks are indeed inferior. He has a couple of options in the 90mm-100mm size - one being the Orion V that Jstaples mentioned. He's going to send pictures of them and choose from there. I want to avoid the blue hue that a lot of them have, as much as possible. And I just hate the 'spotty' 'dashed' halos. I like the LEDs real close together so it looks like a true uniform white halo.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds like you have a dope set up. If you want solid halo's the Orion V are the business for sure. AS for the bulbs you cant go wrong with anything Osram offers and it looks like your set up is nearly an OEM set up so cant imagine you will have any issues. Super stoked to see the outcome.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jstaples - Lightwerkz just sent a picture of three options. You are so right. The Orion V4 is an obvious NO-Brainer. Thank you for your advice.

Lightwerkz Orion V4.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
Glad I could help. There are a lot of options but cheaper is Def not better. I spent the bucks on my old set up and loved it but now its time for the 15' retrofit.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts