Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to thank @kev604 for his thorough write up and explanation on Turtle Wax spray on products. He was SPOT on.

I am a fan of the following:

Turtle wax ICE Seal and Shine. Amazing product for the price. Works on all exterior surfaces and acts like a SOI2 coating but its not.

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic. Great product and I use this for my base coat and apply the Seal and Shine on top. Seems to give it a little more depth compared to just using Seal and Shine.

Turtle Wax Interior spray.

Turtle Wax 3 & 1 detailer. Good Product. Just not sure if I need it anymore since Seal and Shine is so good.

I have been searching for the diamond in the rough. Turtle Wax it is. "Till something better comes along." Admiral Adama.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Seal N Shine and Ceramic spray coating are similar products so I wouldn't use both on top of each other I would use either one than top it off with the 3 in 1 detailer. I top off with Turtle wax spray wax which probably gives more durability than the 3 in 1 detailer but honestly your good with either if you wash regularly. The Seal N Shine and Ceramic spray coating are very durable so you can use that every 3-4 months and your good but I do throw on a topper ie. spray wax after every wash. Anyways glad you found something that works for you.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I'm actually not a big Turtle Wax fan overall. Some of their stuff is ok, but Meguiars is generally easier to work with and yields better and longer lasting results.

Black Magic stuff is usually pretty good too. Their tire bleche stuff is unbeatable. That stuff keeps the TA/KO2s on my Xterra looking new. Before I discovered it the giant tires on that thing would brown up so fast and scrubbing was never enough.

This is all pretty subjective though, and everyone has their brand. Honestly if you are even bothering to care for your car like this at all you are a winner. Most people treat their cars like **** and then complain about the brand. Like it's Nissan's fault the car you never waxed and only washed twice a year has murky clear coat and yellow headlights.

Reactions: ChiJuke

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm actually not a big Turtle Wax fan overall. Some of their stuff is ok, but Meguiars is generally easier to work with and yields better and longer lasting results.

Black Magic stuff is usually pretty good too. Their tire bleche stuff is unbeatable. That stuff keeps the TA/KO2s on my Xterra looking new. Before I discovered it the giant tires on that thing would brown up so fast and scrubbing was never enough.

This is all pretty subjective though, and everyone has their brand. Honestly if you are even bothering to care for your car like this at all you are a winner. Most people treat their cars like **** and then complain about the brand. Like it's Nissan's fault the car you never waxed and only washed twice a year has murky clear coat and yellow headlights.
Turtle Wax has seriously stepped up their game in the last year or so the Ice line and Ceramic line of products are really good quality and considered some of the best value in the market. I never even considered using Turtle wax till recently but now I use quite a few of their products. I also use the Black Magic bleche white tire cleaner and I agree it works good but the rest of the Black Magic stuff is sub par quality yielding sub par results.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I almost exclusively use turtle was. NOBODY (around here anyways) makes a bug & tar remover. NOBODY! I use the dash & glass cuz I hate cleaning the windows then doing the dash with like armour all then having to clean the glass again or vice versa. Dash & glass for the win. Also, the wash & wax or whatever it's called is awesome for weekly "I cleaned the car (ie: bug & tar and a soap bath) then want a really quick easy wax shine... that stuff is the bomb. I do use back to black for the trim pieces etc as in my opinion it can't be beat for shine and ease. I do have my polisher and regular scratch/swirl remover stuff (if required) or with a nice rubbing compound usually in the spring the the icky winter crap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't let brand loyalty keep you from at leas trying something that might be a superior product.
I prefer the meguiars myself, but I love to try new stuff out. Currently trying the Meguiars ceramic spray on wax, seems to be doing what I need. When my product runs out I will check this stuff out. Always fun to experiment with new stuff to see if it works better.

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't let brand loyalty keep you from at leas trying something that might be a superior product.
I prefer the meguiars myself, but I love to try new stuff out. Currently trying the Meguiars ceramic spray on wax, seems to be doing what I need. When my product runs out I will check this stuff out. Always fun to experiment with new stuff to see if it works better.
Yep. It sure is.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I've been really happy with TW Ice Seal and Shine this past few months. Easy application, great shine and durability and decent swirl hiding.

I top it with regular use of Chemical Brothers Synthetic Quick Detailer that I use as a drying aid and for waterless washes. I park in a dirt gravel floored out building and have a long gravel laneway, so I get a dust coating daily.

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you get a chance. Try out the Turtle Wax 3 and 1 detailer. That goes hand in hand with the Ceramic coating, Seal and Shine combo. You can use that like the Chem Bros stuff. The 3&1 that is.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I'll check it out, but likely not until the spring because my detailing days are about to go into winter hibernation, lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
It would freeze before I get it wiped off, much of the winter!!

I do need to be better about winter washing and take advantage of the days above freezing.

Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I got my Meguiar's spray on ceramic wax, I got the ceramic detailer with it. Have yet to use it as I am still testing the limits of this wax.

I don't wash my car as often as I should, so having something that can protect between my phases of neglect is what I am looking for. So far so good. This next wash show if any of the protection stayed, from the initial application.

Brands aside, the ceramic stuff is pretty awesome.

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would freeze before I get it wiped off, much of the winter!!

I do need to be better about winter washing and take advantage of the days above freezing.
Oh Gotcha

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
I did a quick clay bar yesterday, thensopropyl (half water half 70%), then Hybrid Ceramic. I'll probably go back and throw a layer of Seal & Shine on top of that today.

Attachments

Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am considering doing something similar mixing and matching as needed.

1 - clay bar with meguiars ceramic detailer.
2 - polish with turtle wax ceramix polish/wax
3 - meguiars ceramic liquid wax

maintain with meguiar's spray on wax, applied by hand and a wet applicator for upkeep and maximise product.

I think it will be a good stack. I am looking for something that is as low maintenance and low budget (ie not a ceramic coating) that is juke worthy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just used some Ceramic spray on my juke after clay bar and polishing it a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it came out real nice. I'm out on the road alot because of work and it makes it easier to wash and get rid of the bugs and guts.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts