Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are recirculating. Is there much difference? I've read every post on this forum where they are mentioned and I can't choose.

There appears to be more mention of flutter and fine tuning on the Turbosmart, but it's also likely that more people have used them here. There are a number of posts about people switching from the Turbosmart to the GFB and having fewer problems.

There really isn't much mention of people playing with springs and shims with the GFB, at least not in the last 8 years.

Thoughts?

I'm not looking for sounds. I'm only looking to replace the most likely worn out and maybe leaky OEM.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have the turbosmart kompact. If I could do it again, I would try the gfb.

You may have seen my previous posts in your search, so short and simple, the default ts spring is too weak. I haven't tried it, but others have said the next spring is too strong.

·
Registered
2013 Juke NISMO AWD CVT
40 Posts
I had the turbosmart on my Veloster with no issues, but I never got around to getting a tune etc... So I wouldn't know as far as performance specs- just that it sounded nice and never caused any problems for me. Again, though, that was on a Veloster Turbo, not a Juke...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I used the Forge Diverter on the Juke, massive piece of Junk and always fell apart from vibration. I personally like the Synapse Diverter valve but I run it on my EVO X, still need to buy one for the Juke. Heavier springs have some compressor surge but engine response is better, too light and you bleed off boost and part throttle response is less snappy. Always annoying, the Synapse seem to deal with this better, expensive but seems to work on that application.

Reactions: Michael919

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the GFB Mach 2 DV, which I bought used off another member off the forums and have had zero issues. I don’t know how long he had it on for, but I ran it for about 10,000 miles untuned, beating the socks off the car with zero issues and or CEL. I’ve now been tuned for about 3,000 miles and still beat the socks off the car and still no issues or CEL.
So considering that I bought it used, and adding on all of the abuse I’ve put on it, there have been no issues; hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought I'd go for the Synapse, but the two noted above are more in my price range now and hopefully good for my goal.

·
Registered
2013 Juke NISMO AWD CVT
40 Posts
I always thought I'd go for the Synapse, but the two noted above are more in my price range now and hopefully good for my goal.
Also had the synapse on my Veloster with no issues lol. (When I switched FMICs I left whatever was on it on it so I had the turbosmart at one point and the synapse later- both worked fine as long as I had them.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I had a turbosmart kompact. Piece of junk and I sent it back. Got the GFB with variable adjustment and it is a much nicer part. I have it set 50/50 vent/recirc and it works great. Excellent sound and throttle response and no issues; the fact it doesn't bleed boost like the stock part is very apparent.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I will agree with the others. I had the Turbosmart on mine and would not do it again.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had a Turbosmart on my 14 Nismo for 4 years now with no issues. Guess somebody should have told me it doesnt work because I couldnt tell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love my synapses. No problems, all the fun. Honestly if you get a high quality component you should be fine.

But I only have bolt ons for my '12 SL AWD. Tune will be up next.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I've had a Turbosmart on my 14 Nismo for 4 years now with no issues. Guess somebody should have told me it doesnt work because I couldnt tell.
Dont get me wrong, mine worked fine but the transition during part throttle when going from a little boost to no boost was kind of harsh. It was like someone just let off the gas or tapped the brakes for a split second. I dealt with it for 3 years so it wasnt that bad. There are just better options out now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts