Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 juke sv with 138k. I keep getting a turbocharger code. My juke is acting like it lags when accelerating and there is a whirring and kinda slight backfire sound that doesn't happen all the time. Called local nissan place and they said turbocharger replacement is 2k then you have to buy the gaskets, seals, and hoses separately. I know couple years ago y'all helped me when the flap thingy stuck. Y'all told me to get injector cleaner and spray it and work it loose and get the carbon build up off. Any suggestions or advice. I am so ready to give up on this car. I already replaced transmission

·
Registered
401 Posts
That is more than likely an issue with the boost control solenoid, which happens ALL the time. If the solenoid is stuck open you could be only making partial boost or if its stuck closed its spiking and the ecu is pulling all of the timing and slamming closed the throttle to prevent damage. Have it properly diagnosed at Nissan, they can test the valves function and inspect the turbocharger itself. You will not find a for sure answer here as no one can actually get hands on the vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts