Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just got my oil changed and new spark plugs done today. Afterwhich my mechanic said my turbo has a "noise". With that being said I drove home and heard it myself sounds like someone whistling at a very high pitch. I always search the forum and others like it before jumping to a conclusion but I am stumped. How can i attach an audio or video so you can hear it yourself.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
Like Bargeld said, there’s a boost leak. I’d venture a guess it’s at the turbo compressor outlet. There’s a gasket that is recommended to be replaced every time the upper intercooler pipe is removed. Guess what one of the first steps in the spark plug change procedure is? remove the upper intercooler pipe… it’s required in order to access the cylinder 1/2 spark plugs.

Reactions: ItzMrJ and Bargeld

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I was told that my guy reused my old gasket, gonna assume that's the issue. She still drives the same its just that VERY irritating sound. You're all amazing people for the replies and effort you give thanks a crap ton.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
If this is the first time that pipe has been removed, there’s a small chance you might be able to just tighten down the nuts holding that pipe on and get a little more life out of the gasket. However, if you start seeing oil buildup around that flange, it’s no longer sealing and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would just get a new gasket. If you overtighten that stud you will strip it on the turbo housing which = very bad.

I wouldnt mess around with it and the gasket isnt that expensive honestly. I would also torque to spec as to not overtighten

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
14465-4P200

1 - 11 of 11 Posts