Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have a question regarding the mr16 v2, I have a Sentra Nismo and I would like to update the turbo, I have found an option in mamba but I would like to know if there are more options for the v2 and be able to get more out of it!
Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in soon, but I will be the first. Some will correct me as I am not always correct and as robust with my Juke knowledge. That being said, the thing in North America is the EPA has basically prevented anyone (legally) from tuning a car - you slap a bigger turbo on, you need a tune. NEED!!! Not sure how it works across the pond, so if you have a tuner, get the mamba and be happy.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in soon, but I will be the first. Some will correct me as I am not always correct and as robust with my Juke knowledge. That being said, the thing in North America is the EPA has basically prevented anyone (legally) from tuning a car - you slap a bigger turbo on, you need a tune. NEED!!! Not sure how it works across the pond, so if you have a tuner, get the mamba and be happy.
I believe there are probably plenty of places that still do this, just in states without emissions testing. I'm guessing a bit here but I'd assume that law will really only impact a few states. Still several shops offering tuning here in my metro area.

The thing is, without emissions testing there is literally no state mechanism to punish or stop those who continue to offer aftermarket tuning. And I have a hard time imagining your average law enforcement agency or policy enforcers actually caring about this law, if they even know the details of it in the first place.

You're boned in like, California, but I doubt it will impact most places.

Gotta love the government telling me I can't tune my car because it might slightly affect emissions, but multi-billion dollar conglomerates can pollute and destroy all they want and at worst just pay insignificant little pissant fines if anything. Often the government directly, literally, subsidizes corporate environmental destruction. But goodness me, can't have me out there swapping a half an MPG for a little more engine power I'll single handedly destroy the planet if I do that. ******* idiots.

Sorry. Venting.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
115 Posts
hello, I have a question regarding the mr16 v2, I have a Sentra Nismo and I would like to update the turbo, I have found an option in mamba but I would like to know if there are more options for the v2 and be able to get more out of it!
Thank you very much in advance!
I owned a 2017 SR Turbo Sentra until around October 2021 with a Big Turbo kit on it (Blouch 16G). That setup was capable of making well over 300WHP with peak boost hitting around 3400 rpm and holding flat until redline. Unfortunately the issue here in the US is with tuning and the lack of tuning resources for the V2 engine. That being said, I drove it around for 4 months on the stock tune with no issues and at 14PSI the 16G turbo made 265WHP...on the stock tune. So there are options, just depends on how much money and time you are willing to put in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.