Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here, hubby was an auto tech but recently passed away. My 2012 Nissan SL with 128k miles apparently has a leak in the turbo. High pitched whining and some oil leaking. My questions..can just this piece be replaced? Is it worth replacing any of it? Can I use the cheaper knock off parts or used from a pick and pull/scrap yard? I see videos of how to replace the entire system, and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and use his tools, but I'm not sure which direction to take. TIA.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Font

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
The oil is not coming from the wastegate. The two-bolt flange on the cross-over pipe is probably leaking. New gaskets can be purchased at the nissan dealership

· Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
Oh yeah, that’s definitely the turbo compressor outlet gasket that needs replaced. It’s a relatively cheap part and easy to replace.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I'm pretty sure it's that actual metal hose or pipe just to the left of the gasket, there's a visible hole in it. Does that part have a specific name? Is it equally uncomplicated to replace?
Oh yeah, that’s definitely the turbo compressor outlet gasket that needs replaced. It’s a relatively cheap part and easy to replace.

· Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
no. what your arrow is pointing at is the waste gate actuator arm on the turbocharger assembly. It is covered in oil. That oil is leaking from the outlet of the turbocharger compressor because the gasket between the turbocharger and the outlet pipe is no longer sealing properly. This also explains the whining or high pitch noise when you step on the accelerator. In your picture, this gasket and pipe is at the bottom of your arrow just opposite where you see all the oil residue. The arm with the black speck is a solid piece of metal. There should be no hole in it and I'm wondering if you take a towel and wipe it off you'll see it's an optical illusion and just debris. Or it is a manufacturing stamp marking or detail used during assembly of that part. Any time the outlet pipe is removed for any reason (spark plug change, accessing top of the engine like the valve cover) this gasket must be replaced. But the gasket can also wear out over time. the gasket is item number 6 in the parts diagram below (just a little up and left of center). Nissan part number: 14465-4P200
Head Human body Organism World Font

EDIT: it is normal for oil to leak through the intake, especially a higher mileage Juke. No it is not a concern unless there is a physical problem with the operation of the turbocharger itself.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
The part that you are questioning is a solid metal arm like an old school throttle arm going to a carburetor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts