Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the bonfire state. AKA California.

Looking to get a turbo blanket for the juke. I have a FR oil fee line so now my turbo can accept a turbo blanket, as the OEM heat shield is no longer useable.

My questions are:
A) Can any one suggest a brand and size that they are running currently?
AND/OR
B) Does anyone how to measure the turbo for a turbo blanket?

I was looking at PTP universal blankets and the sizing, from what I gather, is as follows. T3 T3/T4 Large T4, T6, T26, T25/T28.

I know the double digit TXX are way too big, but would it be the T3 that fits our lil turbo, or is that too big still?

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. :geek:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems thats how things go. You type out a post, and you find the answer.
Now where did I put my tape measure.

Hot Side Diameter
Universal Turbo Blanket Sizes:
5 to 6 inches​
T3 turbo blanket​
6 to 7.5 inches​
T3/T4 turbo blanket​
7.5 to 8.5 inches​
Large T4 turbo blanket​
8.5 to 10.5 inches​
T6 turbo blanket​

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a busted heat shield nor a FR oil feed, or even a tape measure at this point, what was the sizing conclusion for the stock turbo blanket?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T3 ish sizing is my best guess right now. I eye balled it.
I am still running the cowl and have a strut bar, so getting in to get a better idea of sizing is a pain right now.

We'll see if anyone else chimes in as to the OE turbo size on the hot side.
I did go down a turbo info rabbit hole, which was fun. Lots of good info, but nothing about what would be best or a specific size for the OE turbo.

Stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Those PTP cost a lot more than some other options I've looked at, but at that price you should have great peace of mind that it won't ignite on fire, melt or look like garbage in a few months.

Keep us posted. I'm interested in how difficult it would be to get the mounting wire or springs fed and secured.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Ditto. Keep the heat down in the engine bay is a good thing. Its not gonna add any power.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man. I figured some one on here might have chimed in by now. I get to be the genie pig as time and budget allow.

Yes turbo blanket will not "add" HP, but only allow the turbo to function at its best. Check out engineering explained about turbo blankets, and they just make sense. That being said, if the turbo works better, then theoretically, turbo spool might be a bit quicker, recovering boost will be a bit quicker, and peak turbo RPM will not be as limited by gas density. Though other mechanical factors may play a bigger roll in that, w/o ball bearings.
On top of that, keeping engine bay temps lower is always a win.

Before I dive too deep into this thing I want to make sure its not a huge pain in the ass. Brakes are something I am looking into, and now that FR radiator. So, right now I have no real needs, just lots of wants. I will keep you all posted. Gotta sort out the return on investment as to which to do first.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
This turbo is too small for a blanket to help. BUT keeping heat down is huge. After I get done driving. The hood goes up for a few hours.

Reactions: redBack_juke

·
Registered
66 Posts
I suggest wrapping the wiring harness that runs directly over the turbo with gold foil tape. Also look into getting the hot turbine side of the turbo Jet-Hot coated as an alternative to the blanket.

Reactions: redBack_juke
1 - 9 of 9 Posts