Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a blow off valve but I'm not sure if a tune is required. This is one that I saw somebody install on YouTube and apparently no tune is required because its a hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
No tune, but the car may not operate properly when you let off the gas. if you search the forums here you’ll see other members have successfully installed this valve and you’ll also see why a true blow off may not be recommended and why the Juke comes with a recirc or divert valve stock.

Reactions: DeF_Nismo

·
Registered
670 Posts
Honestly man the only mods worth doing untuned are an axle-back exhaust and wheels/suspension. Messing with anything on the intake-side or cats will reduce performance most of the time. Don't care what anyone's "butt dyno' says about how the car feels better after installing a BOV or intake. It's pure BS

Anyway yeah I wouldn't mess with it unless you're tuning for more PSI

Reactions: DeF_Nismo

·
Registered
670 Posts
Keep in mind that's just my opinion. Others have different thoughts on this for sure

Can you install a hybrid BOV and be fine? Yeah but your car will run worse. Whether it's going to be tangible is another story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
One thing to mention is TurboSmart has a bad rep from the posts i've seen here, you're welcome to try it but most would recommend the GFB hybrid or recirc BOV

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS 6spd / 2J-FBO / Mamba 21TK / 290 WHP 20psi
14 Posts
I had the exact BOV and it will work and makes a loud sound. Just have to make sure it is really tight, have to put about 4 - 5 washers to make the spring stiff or it will cause a vacuum leak from the atmosphere side plunger not sealing. I ended up selling mine and buying the GFB Mach 2 TMS full recurc and am loving it. Overall quality seems much better and don't have to worry about vacuum leak. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts