Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my order of Nissan NS-3 CVT fluid lost in shipping and had my purchase refunded. Was looking on Amazon and came across Triax CVT Full Synthetic OEM Grade Transmission Fluid. Has anyone tried this brand and if so how did it work out? Current reviews are positive but hesitant to try a different brand. My Juke is due for a fluid change and wanted to know if this a good option. Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I mean in all honesty it's probably going to be fine I would imagine.

Most people here have only experienced Castrol, Valvoline, OEM and AMSoil CVT fluid though.

I would probably try to just get the same OEM fluid that's in there so you're not mixing it (which I think is overrated honestly) but then you'll at least have the peace of mind.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I haven't tried it but I believe ENEOS is a good product too. I've used Nissan NS2 and AMSOIL. Hugely in favor of AMSOIL which I believe covers NS2 and NS3 oil types. But if you need to keep the warranty there are OE equivalents. Haven't heard good things from Valvoline. Honestly I would not use that Triax but I haven't personally tried it either.

Reactions: slcjuke

·
Administrator
12,806 Posts
In all honesty. We have not had many report backs from many brands other than OEM.

A few Valvoline. Mixed results.

A few Amsoil with mostly positive results.

Most people trying another oil are usually having issues and changing oil brand usually does not fix mechanical problems.

I would use Amsoil if I had a CVT but thats me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I have a supply of the NS-3 that I’m using right now, my order finally came in. Maybe will hear more about Triax before I change my fluid again in 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had my order of Nissan NS-3 CVT fluid lost in shipping and had my purchase refunded. Was looking on Amazon and came across Triax CVT Full Synthetic OEM Grade Transmission Fluid. Has anyone tried this brand and if so how did it work out? Current reviews are positive but hesitant to try a different brand. My Juke is due for a fluid change and wanted to know if this a good option. Thanks.
I use triad cvt fluid in my 2 rogues, one is ns2 and the other is ns3 with no issues.
i have 2017 nismo with mt6 I use Nissan mtf for the tranny and triax 0-20 for the engine

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Good feedback.

We should get a list of "approved" CVT fluids going as the Nissan fluid is a bit spendy for an OE replacement.

·
Administrator
12,806 Posts
Good feedback.

We should get a list of "approved" CVT fluids going as the Nissan fluid is a bit spendy for an OE replacement.
I agree. We need more "Test" subjects. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried to do my first cvt fluid change when I got my juke at about 54000 miles and only had about 2.5 quarts drain out. Had the the car up on ramps so I figured the uphill tilt reduced the amount. Just redid the fluid change at 55000 miles with the juke parked on a slight downhill grade and only drained 3.5 quarts. Was expecting more but each time I only replaced with the amount that was drained. I’ve only used Nissan NS-3 CVT fluid so far and although it’s a bit pricey I’m not noticing any issues with the drive train. I’ve only replaced 6 quarts over the two fluid changes so am planning on doing another at 60,000 and then every 30,000 after. Hoping by then enough testers will have tried out the other options like Triax for me to decide if I use it then. Will post my thoughts if I try it during my next change.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Congrats on the 230,000 mile mark, that's impressive.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Similar to Juke but not identical, RE0F10A vs. RE0F10B, minor differences but pretty much same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts