Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I could do with a little bit of help from you knowledgable lot out there, I am currently looking into a short shifter from short shifter.com but I’m struggling to find the type of transmission my car has, it’s a 2011 fwd non Nismo with a manual gearbox, the shifter I’m looking at is a 4h tech tl4n, their site says it’s compatible but I just want to make sure, any advice from those who have done this before or not fallen asleep reading this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,073 Posts
That’s the one you need.

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s the one you need.

Thanks a lot swifttab, much appreciated

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve just had the car booked in to fit this and unfortunately the it doesn’t fit phone call has come, does anybody know if there are different gearbox’s fitted to the 2011 model, thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
Is it a Turbo juke? Looks like you may have the 1.6 non turbo ?

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it a Turbo juke? Looks like you may have the 1.6 non turbo ?
No it’s not a turbo, I spoke the the guys who make the parts and also showed him the photos that are posted here and he said he’s not seen that type before nor do they make a part to replace it

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
No it’s not a turbo, I spoke the the guys who make the parts and also showed him the photos that are posted here and he said he’s not seen that type before nor do they make a part to replace it
I thought so. It did not look like a MRDDT engine and trans.

There might be another way.

@turbonoob

He might be able to help but it wont be cheap.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Being in Europe, you might also look the Renault, as they made your transmission. Considering most Jukes globally are made in Sunderland, particularly the manuals, you probably can find more specific help locally than I can give you from America. I am assuming it is a 5 speed (not sold here)? .

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Being in Europe, you might also look the Renault, as they made your transmission. Considering most Jukes globally are made in Sunderland, particularly the manuals, you probably can find more specific help locally than I can give you from America. I am assuming it is a 5 speed (not sold here)? .
Thank you everyone that’s replied, the part I bought was in fact the one that was supposed to fit some Renault models aswell, I think I’m just going to give up, sounds like it’s more trouble than it’s worth

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
Thats too bad.

Changing the trans fluid to a better quality gear oil can help with shifting.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Thank you everyone that’s replied, the part I bought was in fact the one that was supposed to fit some Renault models aswell, I think I’m just going to give up, sounds like it’s more trouble than it’s worth
There is a Renault 6 speed (on the turbo 1.6) and a Renault 5 speed (non-turbo). You have the 6 speed part. 5 speed is typically used with less powerful engines, so performance options may be limited. If anything, it might be for a Clio III or Dacia, maybe a Twingo II. Just guessing, as I can't be sure and am an ocean away. But a short shifter just might not exist. I wish I could help more.

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to the guys who supply the part, you are in fact correct lad, they didn’t recognise the transmission from the photo's, oh well on to the next project thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts