Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS to a mechanic and did a CVT transmission fluid drain and fill.

1. First problem was that he could not find the filter that is supposed to be located on the side of the transmission as per my research so I only did a drain and fill and left. Is it possible that some transmissions like this one don't come with a filter on the side?

Second problem, it looks like it was overfilled by a little bit.. When I check the transmission oil level using the dipstick while the car is running, it seems to be at the correct level but, when it's turned off, it seems to be a little higher than the mark but below the curve where it says 'hot'.
How do you properly measure the transmission level and is the problem I'm noticing an issue that shouldn't be ignored?

·
Registered
684 Posts
There is a filter on the side, it's located behind the beehive assembly..... meaning the beehive has to come off to access it. There are 4 bolts and it's very easy especially for a mechanic considering i can do it on a jack stand in my garage in like 30 minutes.

It will always measure high when the car is off. The reason you measure while it's running is because the transmission pump will displace a significant amount of fluid while it's on. Sounds like your fluid level is correct.

Reactions: Nismo214

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a filter on the side, it's located behind the beehive assembly..... meaning the beehive has to come off to access it. There are 4 bolts and it's very easy especially for a mechanic considering i can do it on a jack stand in my garage in like 30 minutes.

It will always measure high when the car is off. The reason you measure while it's running is because the transmission pump will displace a significant amount of fluid while it's on. Sounds like your fluid level is correct.
Thank you!!. This was my first trans fluid change and the car is still at 30k, would it be ok to leave the same filter till next change?
I'm not even sure if it can be done now after the refill, anyways..

·
Registered
684 Posts
You can change the filter. Because the fluid sits in the pan, nothing will come out if the beehive is removed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The CVT Fluid won't come out but the hoses that connects to the beehive is engine coolant so you are going to want to block that hose off or else you will have coolant all over your garage floor. There is two hoses, one for coolant to flow in and one to flow out. The longer hose is the "in". Remove the short hose from where it returns to the engine (not the beehive end) and then quickly remove the other hose from the beehive and connect it to were you just removed the short one.

There is various videos on YouTube on how to remove the beehive. You can go through the top by removing the battery holder, you can remove the wheel and cover and go in that way. Just has 4 10mm bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts