Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two months back my traction control light popped on and had stayed on for a week and then just went off on its own. Tonight it came back on and as I was pulling out the driveway at work I was not getting any acceleration. Pedal to the floor and about one minute to get to thirty-five mph. Going up hills it'll drop to ten mph. I live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and this is not what I need especially when I live on a fifty-five mph county road at the bottom of a blind hill. Any ideas or information on this particular situation would be greatly helpful.

·
Super Moderator
2,276 Posts
Check brake fluid, check tire tread depth between left side and right side, make sure wheel speed sensors have not come unplugged or broken off.

Do you only have the VDC symbol illuminated and nothing else on the dashboard?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a check engine light on but that is due to the gasket seal around the gas cap. I did notice that my brake lights were on last night when I stepped out of the car. I unplugged and replugged the two sensors just above the brake pedal. Maybe that had something to do with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,276 Posts
Yes that will affect the system. There are two brake switches. One is an input to the ECU for the shift interlock solenoid and used to allow the engine to start. The other switch is dedicated to the stop lamps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I f***ed around with those switches and the light went off and I had no problem with it. It must have been that. I think I just need to replace them in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts