Pardon, Moi.Just entering California. Car handeled Arizona well once I backed off the go go pedal some. This answer your question
The enclosed trailer my wife is towing is packed top to bottom front to back including a Harley, a turbo hayabusa with a stretch, my trek mountain bike and other smaller parcels. I could have strapped it down to the top of my open trailer buy my juke is just over a year old and has 40k miles, scratches are beyond my worry that and I plan on plasti dipping the car in the next few months. I do understand your concern though I have just personally passed that point.Looking at your picks, any reason why you didn't just toss the bikes in the trailer and strap them down? I had a Saris Bone trunk rack on my Accord and it nicked the area a bit from general use over the years. My Juke is still too precious for any type of contact like that. Maybe it's still in baby mode.
Though I'm sure pace played a part in it, altitude probably helped as well - at the very least thinner air = less resistance even if the turbo makes up all or some of the difference at the intake.Santa Rosa, Nm. -> Flagstaff, Az.
Temp / High - 92 / Low - 78 / Hours - 9 / Miles - 450 / Steep Grade Hills
So first things first... Slowing down helped, ALOT. I set the cruise control for 65(as opposed to 75 yesterday) for as much of the trip as I could and netted a 24.1MPG average, I think my speed average was around 62-63MPH!
Ok so let me tackle this one part at a time.I do hope your trip is going well? I have a some questions I do hope you do not mind.Towing will pretty much always drop gas mileage and can put a strain on the drive train.I see you end up using cruise control and the mileage went up. Are you aware most car manufactuers do not want you to tow while in cruise mode? Since you have over 40 K on your Juke I am assuming it is no longer under warranty or did you buy the extended? As far as I can tell you have not mentioned if this is a pleasure trip or are you moving? It wasn't until yesterday you mentioned your wife and another vehicle. Was there a reason you just didn't get a larger trailer and use her car (unidentified)? If this is a vacation (LMFAO) you pack like I do! I take about everything known to man except the kitchen sink.I do hope you and your wife have a safe journey! Good luck & God speed.
I kind of thought the move was PCS. Good Luck on your new venture!My moves when in the military were "Time to move out,grab your bag and get on the plane Private." I do not miss that one bit but after all it was 41 years ago .Ok so let me tackle this one part at a time.
This is a military move or PCS (permanent change of station)
I do know about towing/cruise control and it was maximized only during flatlands/plains driving and during the smaller hills. Once we hit the larger hills of Arizona and the MTNS of Cali it was all foot action from that point on!
The wife drives a 2008 Ford F150 FX2 (Curb weight approx 4200 lbs) her weight on the scale was 8900lbs.
We used Uhaul pods to pack 90% of the house and intended to tow the remaining 10% that was supposed to fit snugly mostly in her truck not overweighing either of us instead we underestimated what we had and by the time we realized we needed her towing more it was too late (2 days from departure) to sell one of our 2 old trailers and buy new, and since we own two already renting a 3rd was just not a option. In all reality though she was nearing her max towing weight so a larger trailer would not have necessarly been beneficial and she would have only lightened my load by maybe 300lbs.
As for the warranty I have no clue what I have at this point, the documentation is in the car but it did not play a role in my decision to make this trip as we did.
I hope I asked everything you were looking for and if I missed anything please feel free to point it out!